Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ddadheech Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2009, 01:23 AM
    Emotional stress
    A person of 27 years old got recently engaged but is not yet coming out of emotional stress on account of his past love affair with another girl, he resorts to drinking and wants to stay alone away of family. What should be the best way to handle the situation ? Should we allow him to remain alone ?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2009, 02:07 AM
    Hi, ddadheech!

Why are you asking the questions, please? Is this a hypothetical situation? Is it about you, a close friend, or maybe something that you need to answer for a class of some kind?

If someone recently got engaged and still carries with them some "baggage" from the past, then they really need to deal with the "baggage" that they carry before they move on to a more permanent, intimate relationship.

Thanks!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Oct 20, 2009, 02:21 AM

Unless you have knowledge that they will harm themselves then I say let them have the time to recoup.

Stringer
    Metalhead11592 Posts: 157, Reputation: 11

Oct 20, 2009, 06:48 AM

I would say let them have a little alone time, but the drinking is not good! Resorting to drowing your problems with drinking is going to develop future problems. He will think that every time that he is upset he needs to hit the bottle when that kind of behavior shouldn't be allowed to happen. Also I agree with Clough that a person needs to handle and take care of their baggage before moving on if they don't it'll just rear its ugly head in the (near)future

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Emotional Stress with a long-term relationship [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I've been in a relationship with this girl for about two years now. When we first met, it was like it was meant to be. Everything fell into place at just the right time and landed us together. Recently however, we hit a bit of a bump. Another guy who she was around (they work together)...

How to keep down stress? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a 27 year old guy. The problem is that I get easily stressed even though I have a good job. Is it also related to my having a somewhat low self-esteem? I'd really appreciate any piece of advice. Thanks!

Stress [ 2 Answers ]

[/COLOR if a one person is always fantasyzing?what could be the effects?is there a possibility that she could be out of her mind?

Too much stress [ 4 Answers ]

I really don't know I feel like crap today and I don't know why I mean I had an OK day in school I had to go see this consulier today witch I hate because you I hate telling my life story to some strangers but what ever then there is this stupid kid that I had a past with telling me lies and stuff...

Stress? [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if these are stress related symptoms. Everything started 3 weeks ago. I suffered from a 100 degree fever and horrible body aches for only 1 day. Then a severe migraine that lasted a week. (By the way I have never ever had a migraine before that.) Followed by upset stomach...

View more questions Search