Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    happybisaya Posts: 68, Reputation: 6

Nov 4, 2006, 10:12 AM
    Where in the Bible?
    I am a Catholic and I am trying to remember but can't as to where in the Bible I could find about the story where Jesus gave three men pieces of silver (?), the pieces of silver represents the gifts that he left us. God said the number of silver is given according to one's ability. God would later come back and check what the three men did with their silvers. The two men who multiplied their silvers went to heaven, while the one man who hid his silver so it won't get lost, went to hell. Any help is greatly appreciated. :)
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2006, 12:46 PM
    Yes, like all the parables, a great story. Anyone care to expound on the spiritual meaning? On the surface, it doesn't seem fair. Both the five- and ten-talent servants were rewarded equally, and the one-talent guy at least preserved it and didn't squander it. He certainly could have done worse.
    happybisaya Posts: 68, Reputation: 6

Nov 4, 2006, 11:44 PM
    God Bless you Prissy,
    After I heard this parable I thought what a good story to share to my two teenagers. I would like to impart to them that whatever they want to become, they have to do the best they can so they can help their fellowmen most especially the poor. God gave each and everyone a talent, being a doctor, teacher, trash collector, homemaker, or a policeman to name a few. Of course each according to their own abilities. Like for example, I am not good with english, but I am a really successful homedaycare provider. I share my talent to those homedaycare providers who are struggling to get some clients. In other words I share the real secret of the business. We have to do the best we can to improve ourselves like go to college to try to find out what we are really meant to be. Some people doesn't have to go to college because they found out already what their calling is. But the most important is we have to try to find our talent and use it for the good of all mankind. I told my children that if we become lazy then we are definitely going to be in trouble with God. We have to share what we have, because if our cup is not empty then God does not have to fill it. You have to give where it kind of hurt a little bit. I told my children that God understands that they are still students and don't have any money to share, but they have the time to be altar servers and can serve the church. My teenagers serve the church and go to church religiously because for now that is all they can share. Thank you very much for taking your time.
    zsuzsanna Posts: 9, Reputation: 4

Oct 23, 2008, 01:26 AM
    I just logged on to this web site tonight. I just read your question even though it is two years old. I have not read all your answers. However, it sounds to me like you are referring to the parable Jesus told in Matthew 25, verses 14 through 30. It doesn't actually refer to silver, but to talents which can be translated into many things. I would hope you would re read this portion of the scriptures. What you have remembered is not the parable Jesus told. Enjoy reading the scriptures. It can set you free. In Christ, Zsuzsanna

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is the Bible divine? [ 10 Answers ]

Just for my curiosity, What is it that makes the Bible the divine word of GOD? As it was written by men (many) how do we know it is the word of GOD? What credibility do the man who wrote it have? Is this the only word of God?

Bible Help [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for the translation from the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic Bible into English. There are so many versions, and I keep getting pointed in different directions. Please Help! I'm Catholic, and I want something the King James Version. Thank you!

Bible study [ 8 Answers ]

How to do a bible study? I am a teen and I want to do a bible study.Please give me some guidance on that

Bible question [ 119 Answers ]

:) Hello everyone, I have a question for all you Bible scholars. What is the theme of the Bible and what does it have to do with the end of this system of things? Thanks, Happyperson

Bible Help [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for the oldest translation from the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic Bible into English.  There are so many versions, and I keep getting pointed in different directions.  Please Help!  I'm Catholic, and I want something before the King James Version. Thank you! RionerPoet

View more questions Search