Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    INOV8A Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2003, 01:36 AM
    Sick Birmese Cat
    I have a Birmese cat who we have had for a year now.
    When we got him he caught a cold from our other cat who had recently been to a vet clinic.
    Our vet put him on antibiotics, however this was only a temporary relief. And for the last year he has been back and forth from the clinic to get more antibiotics, and also to have his nose checked for foreign bodies, which was negative.
    It seems to only affect one nostril and the antibiotics helps for a while, but we think his growth has been stunted and he gets quite uncomfortable when its blocked up. Any ideas?
    koriani Posts: 132, Reputation: 8

Jul 13, 2003, 05:50 PM
    Sick Birmese Cat
    Make sure your vet does a fungal culture on the effected side of the nose.

Also, if your cat has clamydia, this could be a re-occuring thing for the rest of the cat's life.

Check into using herbal immune system enhancers such as echinacea. That might help whatever the problem happens to be.

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dachshund sick [ 14 Answers ]

Hi my dog was throwing up bile and could note even hold down water for 2 days so I brought her to the vet. The vet gave her an injection and it has made her worse she is very thirsty but as soon as she drinks it comes up again. I have tried feeding her bits of food but she won't eat anything. She...

3 yr old sick [ 50 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I have a question about my son. Before I start he has seen a doctor and they are trying to figure this out but I thought one for you might have an idea. He is going to be 3 next month. Around the beginning of May he got the Rotavirus. I never heard of it before he got it but I guess it...

My dad is very sick [ 6 Answers ]

Hey everyone. I just found out last night that my dad is in the hospital with Chronic Leukimia. According to the doctors they said that this is a very treatable disease and that the disease itself is non-aggressive. The only thing that I don't understand is that my father had no symptoms. Such...

My dachshund is sick [ 2 Answers ]

Scooby is our dachshund's name. He is wonderful to have around. Yesterday he started coughing and trying to get something out of his throat. When he does get something up it is just white mucus. He isn't eating much and isn't his usually playful self. What can I do for him?

My dog is sick! [ 5 Answers ]

Hey my dog won't eat he has blissters on his mouth he is running a temp and has a swollen gland and I need 2 noe what it is fast so please help!! :eek:

View more questions Search