Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phlanx Posts: 213, Reputation: 13

Oct 19, 2009, 03:10 PM
    What do foreigners think of England
    Hello, I always like finding out what people think of another country, to see if it based on truth or false impressions

Im from England, and I would like to read poeples thoughts and what they see as the stereotypical Englishman?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2009, 03:15 PM
    Hi again, phlanx!

Any particular subject areas that you might have in mind, please?

I'm in the U.S. so there's many similarities...

Thanks!
    phlanx Posts: 213, Reputation: 13

Oct 19, 2009, 03:29 PM

I have travelled throughout Europe, and after speaking to many europeans, there opinon of us is that we are beer drinking barbarians, who will sleep with their daughters and be rude to their mothers

This is certainly true of our history but not so today

So their opinion is based on history rather than actual

And I was wondering if Americans see us the same way, when there is little history of us doing that in the past on american soil
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2009, 03:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by phlanx View Post
    I have travelled throughout Europe, and after speaking to many europeans, there opinon of us is that we are beer drinking barbarians, who will sleep with their daughters and be rude to their mothers

This is certainly true of our history but not so today

So their opinion is based on history rather than actual

And I was wondering if Americans see us the same way, when there is little history of us doing that in the past on american soil
    How so, we as a nation drink a lot of beer
    bellabflykiss22 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2010, 02:53 PM

I've been to England only once, and I'm ready to drop everything to move to England and be with my boyfriend. I traveled there with my British born boyfriend and his parents. I found it to be a very beautiful place with very nice people. Now my bf's cousin. IDK. When most people think of England, we think of 2 things. Either they drink beer morning, noon and night like my bf's cousin did. Or that they are very charming, and most american women love the accents. I love England cause of the culture. I can walk out the door and know I'm not home. A lot of other countries cater too much to the tourist that it isn't who they are anymore. England doesn't give excuses. Even just getting off the plane in London, I had forgotten that you don't drive on the same side of the road as us in the US or other countries. But anyway, me and my bf(hopefully husband soon) want to move to England in the next few years, any advice?
    ramona_ Posts: 222, Reputation: 47

Sep 13, 2010, 11:55 AM

We're very straight talking, we cut the chit chat and get to the point!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Social Security payments to foreigners [ 1 Answers ]

My father paid Social Security while in the US with a legal green card. Can he retrieve those monies now that he is retired and living in OZ?

FICA taxes for foreigners [ 6 Answers ]

I am the business manager for a small u.s.business in NYC. We have an employee from England on an L1 Visa and another from Australia on an E3 Visa. Recently, the employee with the E3 (who is relatively new) asked why she has to pay Social security and unemployment taxes since she will never...

1099-MISC for foreigners [ 8 Answers ]

Hi ATE: I received 1099-MISC from my client for last year payment (2006). My question is that I'm Indonesian who's been hired as a independent cosultant by US firm, but did all the work in my own country all year long. So how am I supposed to deal with this tax issue? I believe I'm not a...

Foreigners & 1099 [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I've some questions regarding my status & 1099 form. I'm not a US resident or citizen but just start a month ago working as self-employment with US firm outside US territory. Should they issue me with 1099 form or something else? And at the end of tax year, which form should I fill for my tax...

Foreigners: [ 8 Answers ]

What's your definition of a foreigner if you live in the United States? HANK :)

View more questions Search