Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    javed chouhan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2009, 01:25 PM
    Intercaste marriage
    I am a muslim and I want to marry a girl of hindu caste?
    I know that marring a other caste girl is haram but if the girl is ready to convert islam?
    If my parents did not allow me to do marriage than what should I do?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2009, 02:11 PM

Your parents won't ALLOW it? How old are you?
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2009, 02:28 PM

I think that you're of age, then your parents should just be happy that you're in love and accept your engagement to this woman.

Could you explain to me please, what exactly is haram?

Also, what country do you live in?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 22, 2009, 07:39 PM

I have cleaned up a lot of off topic posts.

The issue here is obviious this is not the US and in many cultures even including those here in the US that arranged marriages are done and important. In fact for some, to deny your parents could be death esp for the girl. And Caste or status of life is more important than almost anything else. Love has little to do with it.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2009, 08:34 PM

Salaams Javed,

You can get married without your parents permission when she converts,but will her parents allow this? Are they going to let her get married to you?

Also going against your parents wishes, will it be worth it later to be at odds with your family?
    Having love is good but will it be enough to hold together a marriage that starts with being estranged from your family?

Wa alaikum salaam

Ohso,
    Haram means forbidden according to Islamic laws/principles/guidelines.

aslam455 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2010, 03:04 AM
    Don't convert the religion of either of you... you will not need to if your love is strong enough to keep you two together life long... every religion has the same base... follow the right thing... religion are governed by same principles just customs are different... the world is changing for the better... dare to be part of it... love is life and your belief is the way of your life... follow both just don't name the latter one... my wishes
    Mr.PervezAlam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2010, 10:13 AM
    Yes if she converts with faith in islam.
    Again, if one understands Complete rules & guidelines of Islam, then he/she will really convert to muslim.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to convince my girlfriend\'s parents for intercaste marriage [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have been in relation since past 3 years and now she got engaged. After her engagement, we came to know that we can't live without each other and we have decided to ask our parents. But, I am a Brahmin and she is Rajput. Anyhow, I have convened my parents and now she has asked her parents...

Love marriage or arrange marriage? [ 6 Answers ]

I have boyfriend but my parents want that I will do marriage with a boy of their choice.I really love my Boyfriend and he also love me. What should I do?

Intercaste marriage . How do I convince girls mother. [ 7 Answers ]

I am a guy from bestha which is a lower catse in India. I am in love with a reddy girl.We are both well educated and very much in love. I am well off financially too. She was raised by a single mother who took a lot of pain to raise her. I have tried to talk to her mother but the only point of...

International Marriage in military.. Could Divorce... What do I do to save our marriage [ 7 Answers ]

My husband is in Germany serving the US Army and since November 14, 2005 he has been gone. I was supposed to go over there with him but yet to go. He says that he wants a divorce and when I try to get the real true reason out of him nothing works all he says is that I know why but deep down I have...

View more questions Search