Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bkett Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2009, 11:47 AM
    College money for felons
    Is there any financial help for convicted felons in California?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2009, 12:22 PM
    Hi, bkett!

I don't know specifically about California, but I have heard something about the possibility of grants and scholarships being available through FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) for those who have been convicted of a felony. However, it would depend on what the conviction was for and an applicant's compliance with certain stipulations in order to be eligible. For more information, please visit FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid

Once a person has done their time been on probation or parole, basically paid their debt to society, then they are free to apply for monies just like anyone else does in the form of loans or financial aid from educational institutions, banks, municipalities and others.

But, like I said above earlier, in order to be eligible for grants or scholarships from certain programs that are designed to help those who have been convicted of a felony, then it might depend on what the conviction was for and that certain conditions must be met.

Thanks!
    michaellly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2009, 12:17 PM
    Yes

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where can I find information on free college education for felons in Tennessee? [ 1 Answers ]

I am in a jail ministry and would like to help a few inmates who would like an education but have no funds.

Money for Felons [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any free money from the government for people who are released back into society? Didn't Obama pass something to help us get a fresh start?

Money for felons [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any grants for felons trying to get there life together

Schlorships for felons in college [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my name is Donald I am currently in college and would like to know if there are any special schlorships advalible for ex-offenders and felons to help them to finish college

View more questions Search