Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ted hand Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2006, 08:33 AM
    Load bearing walls
    When replacing a load bearing wall what size lumber do I need to support a second story floor when the opening is 16ft. This wall is in the center of the house which is 24ft wide
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Nov 7, 2006, 08:07 PM
    You best be asking a structural engineer.
    If your going to clear span the opening you may a steel beam or a microlam beam.
    These beams will need to be spec'd/sized by an engineer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Distributor ball bearing is shot [ 3 Answers ]

I found out that the insided ball bearing of my 91 honda accord distributor is shot and was told by honda that they don't fix it, they just replace the entire distributor. Since paying $450 bucks seems ridiculous for one worn out part I ended up ordering a bearing from NACHI in Toronto for $53...

Rear bearing on General Electric clothes dryer [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how to replace the rear bearing on dryer model DDE6500GALAD? I can put a drop of oil on it from the rear of the dryer and it stops squeaking for a few loads but then starts again. I can't find any documentation for it on the GE site. Thanks

Interest bearing account for up front rental payments? [ 3 Answers ]

Is a landlord required to put rental payments, (paid in advance), in an interest-bearing account? Note, the rental payments are NOT a security deposit.

Load calculation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Please advise me what are the factors considered for calculating the Tonnage Rate whilst selecting the AC units for Industry / office environment. Regards Pankaj

View more questions Search