Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RadioActive697 Posts: 295, Reputation: 13

Oct 18, 2009, 08:10 PM
    Is This Right?
    Well from my previous question me and my ex are now talking again. But today I was talking to him on my cellphone and my other best friend was on the other line so we were on three way. And my ex was talking all this trash about me saying Im ugly, stupid, saying my dog was ugly and stuff. And I'm like wuh? He's laughing like its funny. But when my friend left about 4 hours later he's texting me saying what you doing? And I'm thinking you got to be kidding me! So is it right to still be in love with him?

Oct 18, 2009, 08:15 PM
    What I'm trying to say is I'm still in love with him. Even though he did this to me! But is it right to be still in love with him?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 18, 2009, 08:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioActive697 View Post
    Well from my previous question me and my ex are now talking again. But today I was talking to him on my cellphone and my other best friend was on the other line so we were on three way. And my ex was talking all this trash about me saying Im ugly, stupid, saying my dog was ugly and stuff. And im like wuh? He's laughing like its funny. But when my friend left about 4 hours later hes texting me saying wat u doing? And im thinking you got to be kidding me! So is it right to still be in love with him??
    Wait, let me get this straight.

He's your ex. He said all this mean stuff about you knowing that you heard him. You want to be friends, think that you're friends, but you're still in love with him?

Which part of any of this sounds like a good idea to you?

No contact. You're not ready to be friends with him because you think you still love him. Also, he's not ready to be friends with you, after all, to him you're "ugly, stupid, your dog is ugly and he thinks it's funny".

Come on! This isn't a tough decision. Walk away. With "friends" like him, you don't need enemies.
    rockie100 Posts: 313, Reputation: 64

Oct 18, 2009, 08:30 PM

He sounds very childish to me. He might even be playing a game with you. What is it your in love with? I would have no feelings for someone who could even say those things.

Oct 19, 2009, 12:41 PM
    Well its kind of hard because I'm still in love with him. We were together for 2 years. Why I still love him? Because when I first saw him I fell deeply in love with him. He said he love me and stuff. But to be truthful why I love him mainly on his Iooks. I mean he's so cuteee! And I can't just walk away its not that simple with him!
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Oct 19, 2009, 12:48 PM

If you "love" a guy because of his looks then I hate to tell you, but that's not love. Its called lust.

Love comes from deeply caring about a person for how they are as a human being and this human being doesn't sound like one much deserving of being loved by you to begin with.

Relationships based solely on physical reasons are doomed to fail, and this one already has. Its never easy to walk away from any relationship that you have invested a number of years in but you are much better off finding a guy that you can connect with on an emotional level or this jerk will only continue to hurt you.

Oct 19, 2009, 02:42 PM

Well I don't just like him only for his looks but for his personality. I love him for how he use to treat me. But I just don't get it. He wants to talk to me! Im not the one calling and texting him. But when he calls something just urges me to pick up. Trust me I have put in effort to get over him. But its so hard!!
    jrsg Posts: 560, Reputation: 67

Oct 19, 2009, 07:28 PM
    Well i dont just like him only for his looks but for his personality. I love him for how he use to treat me.
    If he's changed for the worse (and it sounds like he has), then he doesn't sound like such a great guy. His talking behind your back is not something you should have to deal with. There are plenty of other nicer, more mature, probably better guys out there for you.

Trust me i have put in effort to get over him. But its so hard!!!
    Keep putting in the effort, and don't give up! I'm sure you can do much better. Listen to Alty, and try No Contact. It worked for me, and a lot of other people I know, and I'm sure it can work for you.

Good luck, and keep us updated!

Oct 20, 2009, 01:29 PM
    I will try and try not to relaspe again like I did a while ago. This will be hard. I tried to find other guys but I just didn't want to date someone when I was thinking of someone else. But thanks for the advice guys. I love you guys very much! Piece!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search