Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Oct 18, 2009, 06:15 PM
    Pumpkin Patterns
    Can people help me find patterns for carving pumpkins? The black and white ones? I can't find any good ones.
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2009, 06:20 PM
    Hey there.
    I don't know what kind of patterns your looking for but try googling it. Or more then once I have done this and it has worked wonderfully. Find a pattern or picture in any magazine you like. Tape the entire page on to the pumpkin. Take a needle, tack or something sharpe and poke holes along the area you want carved in the pumpkin. When your done take off the picture. I take a black marker and then trace the holes. This darkens the holes and makes them easier to see when carving The rest of the marker usually washes right off. But before you start you need to look and think about how to carve it. I have done it a few times and it works great when your out of ideas.
    Vision Expert

Oct 18, 2009, 06:21 PM

Yeah, I am googling. I can't find much.
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2009, 06:28 PM
    I know. I remember googling it a million ways and printing a few things off before. If I were on my desktop right now I would show you one of my pumpkins I did the way I mentioned. It's a bit tricky and takes time. But in the end its worth it having the coolest carving. My pictures are on my other computer.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 18, 2009, 06:39 PM

Google Images for "jack o' lantern patterns" (without quote marks). You'll get lots of ideas.
    Vision Expert

Oct 18, 2009, 07:03 PM

That's what I am doing, with every combination of words that I can think of... and it's just not giving me good results.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 18, 2009, 07:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma View Post
    That's what I am doing, with every combination of words that I can think of...and it's just not giving me good results.
    Hmmm, did you have a couple of ideas that you could float past us here -- something you've done in the past that you were happy with or something you are considering?

There was a cool-looking spider web (http://img.coxnewsweb.com/C/06/08/95/image_4795086.gif) carved into a pumpkin in Google Images. Also, someone had carved a bat to look like a face (http://www.homelifeweekly.com/wp-con...kinstencil.jpg).
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Oct 18, 2009, 07:37 PM

Did you try typing "pumpkin faces?" here are some that came up

Also try searching "printable pumpkin faces"
    These came up

Or "printable jack o lantern faces":

Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 18, 2009, 07:41 PM

I Googled for images under "stencils jack 'o' lantern" and got these --

Halloween Pumpkin Photographs
    orientaldragon Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2009, 03:03 AM

Type" jackolantern " or "free pumpkin carving" on the Google and you will find many Halloween Pumpkin patterns

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for the pumpkin that couldn't smile [ 3 Answers ]

Yes I have been looking for the movie or should I say a short cartoon called the pumpkin that couldn't smile. It has raggedy anne and andy in it. It was made in the 80's. I would love for my kids to watch it at halloween time. It was a favorite of mine as a child. I looked on their site but only...

Making Pumpkin Soup [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have a recipe for Pumpkin Soup? I want to make some - I have the pumpkin, onions, ginger, vegetable stock. Do I need anything else?

Pumpkin pie [ 2 Answers ]

Can a already made pumpkin pie be frozen until the time it is needed ?

Pumpkin Carving [ 31 Answers ]

Have you carved your Pumpkin yet? Ben and Millie have done ours I thought id share it with you all, why don't you take a picture of yours too and share it. http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f132/curlybenswife/PA280072.jpg Oh nearly forgot Happy halloween

Giant pumpkin [ 1 Answers ]

How deep does a giant pumpkin roots grow?

View more questions Search