Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    4answers Posts: 200, Reputation: 35

Oct 18, 2009, 04:42 PM
    How do you forgive an ex for moving on
    How do you forgive and accept that an ex prefers someone else over you and that your relationship had no value. Meaningless...
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 18, 2009, 04:47 PM

Forgive?

There's nothing to forgive. Not all relationships work. Just because you love someone doesn't mean they're going to love you. In this case your ex found someone he's more compatible with. That doesn't mean that what you had was nothing, it just means that what you had was only for a short time, not forever.

Until you realize that this relationship wasn't meant to be, you'll be stuck in a rut. You have to learn to accept that he's moved on and so should you.

There is no forgiveness because neither of you did anything wrong. This is life.

Good luck.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2009, 04:56 PM

You don't need to forgive , you just need to accept that it's over.
    rockie100 Posts: 313, Reputation: 64

Oct 18, 2009, 04:57 PM

Not a easy thing to do but think about what you learned about yourself during the break up. You might have learned what you don't want from the next dating experience you encounter. Anyway, go out with your friends, do things that interest you. In time this will not hurt as much. You will soon be able to move on yourself. You might even find someone who, in comparison, is so much more suitable for you.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Oct 18, 2009, 05:45 PM
    I just went over your threads over the past year. Nearly every thread you have started is about your exes and dealing with your feelings.

This will probably seem harsh. I hope so.

Have you learned nothing in the past year? When are you going to grow up and realize that your exes are not responsible for you and your feelings.

You don't forgive her. She doesn't need to be forgiven for living her life. You leave her to get on with her life.

You need to forgive yourself for letting them (yes, all of your exes) go. You need to accept that you have a future ahead of you and get your head out of your past.

Learn to like yourself. Find closure in your own mind. Give yourself permission to move forward or you will spend the next year asking the same questions all over again.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 18, 2009, 07:12 PM
    How do you forgive an ex for moving on
    You don't. You move on yourself.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2009, 08:09 PM
    I'm going to take a slightly different approach to your question, because as Cat so rightly notes (had to spread the rep), you've asked the same question in different ways for a long time now. Too long.

You need to go to counselling. These women leave you for a reason. They are running away from someone that is not good relationship material.

You make it all about them. This is not about them. It is about you. Your relationships simply reflect back to you what you believe about yourself.

You talk about 'value' but it seems that you do not value yourself - so how can you expect others to value you?

You need to speak to a professional counsellor or you may never understand why you are stuck in this negative, self defeating pattern.

No one can help you until you help yourself. Start helping yourself now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I can't forgive my guy. [ 3 Answers ]

A day or two ago, I was looking through my boyfriends email (we have a very open relationship, and have each other's passwords) for an email that I had sent him awhile back. In this process, I came across a bill I didn't recognize. Long story short, I came across a secret email account that was...

Do I forgive her [ 5 Answers ]

OK right here's my story I am now 18 sorry its so long and maby confusing (oh and spelling) When I was 12 I was raped I'm my local park and for years the only person I told (1 year later) was my best friend, she promised me she would never tell anyone elase but then one day when I was 16 I came...

How do I forgive myself [ 5 Answers ]

The past 2 years, I have been very horrible to myself. I stopped myself from speaking out and being happy. I stopped myself from being myself. I have done truly damage. I am seeking forgiveness from me, but my heart just doesn't seem to forgive me. I always feel shame in me, I just feel so bad and...

Why can't I forgive her? [ 2 Answers ]

So this a question about my MIL, my husband and I just found out we are expecting our first baby together. We both have daughters from previous marriages, his lasted 1 year mine only three months. His daughter is 12 mine is 8. So this whole baby thing is like brandnew for us all over. But there are...

I can't forgive them [ 8 Answers ]

A while back My girl and I moved in with her mother and step father. They both don't really like me... well actually... they don't like me at all. The only reason they let us move in was because of our son being small and my mom could not afford the heating bill. Anyway, I never felt welcome in...

View more questions Search