Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    psmin0314 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2009, 02:28 PM
    Ending inventory & cost of goods sold
    Eddings Company had a beginning inventory of 400 units of Product XNA at a cost of $11.28 per unit.

During the year, purchases were:
    Feb. 20 600 units @ $12.09
    May 5 500 units @ $12.92
    Aug. 12 300 units @ $13.79
    Dec. 8 200 units @ $14.75

Eddings Company uses a periodic inventory system. Sales totaled 1,500 units

Determine the ending inventory, and the cost of goods sold under each of the assumed cost flow methods (FIFO, LIFO, and average).

(Round the unit cost in the average cost method to 3 decimal places, e.g. 2.250. Round final answers to 0 decimal places, e.g. 125.)

FIFO LIFO Average Cost
    Ending Inventory ( ) ( ) ( )
    Cost of Goods Sold ( ) ( ) ( )
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2009, 09:11 PM

Please see the guidelines for posting homework:
    Ask Me Help Desk - Announcements in Forum : Homework Help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Calculate cost of goods sold, ending inventory, & gross profit for LIFO, FIFO & [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have tried this example several times but do not seem to get the correct answer . I would appreciate your help with this one. Thanks: Twin Co. is a retailer operating which uses the perpetual inventory method. All sales returns from customers result in the goods being returned to...

Cost of Goods Sold/Ending Inventory [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I need help understanding cost of goods sold. I know that one of the equations I could use to figure out the problem is Cost of goods available minus ending inventory, but what confuses me is finding the ending inventory when using the perpetual inventory system. I have been sitting down...

Cost of goods sold determined in a perpetual inventory system [ 1 Answers ]

When is cost of goods sold determined in a perpetual inventory system?

Find Cost of goods sold and ending inventory using.average cost/FIFO/LIFO [ 2 Answers ]

I'm having a hard time with the fifo and lifo method... of this question Began with 73 yards @ 23 per yard During the month the company made the following purchases. March 3/4 113 yards @ 27 3/12 81 yards @ 29 3/19 167 yards @ 32 3/25 44 yards @ 35

View more questions Search