Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rdhead420 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2003, 05:13 PM
    My cat is blood thirsty- ahhh!
    My roomates are always accidentally letting my cat outside. The little sneak is quick. He always comes back so that's not the problem. The problem is he torments little animals and birds. I know it's nature, blah blah, but he kills birds, mice, rabbits,etc. One time he brought back a baby rabbit and it was still alive but it was all tore up and I felt so bad for it. I know some people feel rabbits are pesky, garden trashers, but I think they are dear. Someone gave me the suggestion of getting him a bell collar for the birds but would it work for other critters? Any suggestions? (By the way my cat is neutered also)
    koriani Posts: 132, Reputation: 8

Sep 7, 2003, 08:41 PM
    my cat is blood thirsty- ahhh!
    Basically, that is just cat nature. The bell on the collar might work okay but here are some suggestions for things you can do indoors as well.

It's time to purchase some Feliway!! This is miracle stuff! I use it all the time and am a big believer in it's effectiveness.

What is it you ask? Feliway is a spray or plug-in created from phermones which are normally excreted by facial glands of a cat. The cat uses these phermones to mark territory and they create a sense of peace and happiness. It might help curb his penchant for torchuring small mammals and birds.

I suggest using the plug in (called Feliway Comfort Zone) over the spray, although both work. The plug-in is more evenly and constantly distributed. It lasts for up to 4 weeks and there are replacement cartridges available.

The spray usually costs less but it needs to be sprayed several times a day and, therefore, doesn't last as long .

Whichever form is chosen, Feliway should be used in the area where the cat hangs out most.

Buy him some mice or other cat toys made from "real" mouse or rabbit fur. They are generally inexpensive and may make him feel like he's caught the genuine article.

Get new roommates! LOL

Hope some of these suggestions help. If you have more questions, feel free to contact me.

Regards,
    STCHRIS Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2003, 10:20 PM
    my cat is blood thirsty- ahhh!
    Hi buy one of those tin cats with marble eyes and put it in the garden it will make your cat concentrate on that more than the critters, also you could clip his nails a little its like going out without shoes so the cat will be thinking of his feet. Chris

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What are "Gator Pit Bull Bloodline" dogs? Please explain bloodlines [ 15 Answers ]

My dog is a pure pitbull but people tell me he is a gator line dog > and I don't know what that means do you know where I can find information and pictures of "gator bloodline pitbulls ? Cause I really want to get well informed about this I don't know what it means and I don't want to be ignorant...

Blood During Sex? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok I had my period about a week ago, and every time I have sex there is a light watery pink discharge afterwards as well as all over the sheets. At first I thought it may just be leftover from my period because it was the day after I had finished, but as the week went on it continued and now I'm...

Blood Groups [ 2 Answers ]

We all know there are 4 types of blood present in human beings in the world. Namely, A, B, O and AB. I want to know what is the most frequent group found in the world population and whch is the least? I would also like to know the percentages of different blood groups in India and the World...

Cold water tap! AHHH [ 1 Answers ]

Hiya all I'm new and have so many questions about so many things so I thought id start here... When I turn on my bath taps the hot comes on fine but you can turn the cold tap on nearly full blast before it makes a funny noise and cold water starts actually coming out of it! Not good when your...

The blood shed & the blood sprinkled! [ 4 Answers ]

THE BLOOD SHED & THE BLOOD SPRINKLED In the Old Testament and the New Testament sacrificial "Blood" is spoken of in two ways;i.e. "The Blood shed and the Blood sprinkled." IN THE OLD TESTAMENT WHAT WAS THE APPLICATION OF "SHED BLOOD" RE "ATONEMENT" (the 'moment the Blood became...

View more questions Search