Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    franneh Posts: 134, Reputation: 7

Oct 18, 2009, 10:10 AM
    PCOS, Metformin, and pregnancy
    Here is the situation:

My husband and I are trying to conceive. I unfortunately have PCOS, and because of that, I do not have periods, ever. We've been having unprotected sex for over a year and a half with no luck. My gyno suggested metformin, and I am taking 500mg once daily.

I have been taking the metformin since September 9th and have not missed any doses.

I still have not had any spotting or any periods. I thought most women ovulated and had a period within a month of starting metformin?

Anyway, I did have some period symptoms, such as pain where my ovaries are and lower back pain.

I bought 3 pregnancy tests from the Dollar store. I have read that they are just as good as others, they just shouldn't be expected to test really early. I took one on Wednesday morning and it was definitely negative. Same thing Thursday morning. Friday morning I took one, and read it within 2 minutes, saw negative and went back to bed.

About 5 hours later I came back to the bathroom and glanced at it and saw a line that was visible from a foot or two away. It wasn't really pink, more of a grayish color, and was faint. But it was visible enough for me to notice it at a glance without picking it up.

Should I place any hope at all in this? Naturally I wanted to take another one but I decided to wait a few days.

What do you think about the test and the fact that I haven't had a period on the metformin yet?
    franneh Posts: 134, Reputation: 7

Oct 18, 2009, 10:32 AM

I would like to add something I forgot that may be relevant.

Since starting metformin, my cervical mucus (I guess) has changed dramatically. I used to be really dry all the time unless I was aroused, and even then we had to use lubricants.

Now I'm always so wet that I have wet spots in my undies. I don't have to be aroused at all for him to be able to enter me now. In fact, he usually has me clean up a bit first lol. It's very thin and pale translucent white.

Is this change in discharge a good sign that I may be able to conceive?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

PCOS, Metformin & Trying to conceive. [ 1 Answers ]

Soo... I found a new doctor set up an appointment and asked him about PCOS... I told him that I was Trying to conceive and what all was going on... I asked to have my hormone levels checked, he told me that based on my history there was no need in running any test he knew that I had PCOS. He...

Metformin and pcos [ 4 Answers ]

Its been awhile since I've been on, Never the less I have more questions, I have read up on women taking metformin for pcos, but now its my turn, and I don't really know what to expect... I had a large ovarian cyst rupture and got to spend the day in the hospital. Now my doctors have decided to...

PCOS, because, and Pregnancy [ 5 Answers ]

Okay, so I guess I'll start with the fact that I have been to the doctor about my "No Periods" issue, as stated in another question I have asked, "No periods, Neg Tests." The doctor "thinks" I have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). We did multiple tests, Hormone levels, Urine pregnancy tests,...

View more questions Search