Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mickuseth Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2009, 09:45 AM
    " Need to solve following questions - Peter Atril Accounting exercise book "
    Athena Ltd is an engineering business doing work for its customers to their particular requirements and specifications. It determines the full cost of each job taking a job costing approach, accounting for overheads on a departmental basis. It bases its prices to customers on this full cost figure. The business has two departments: a machining department, where each job starts, and a fitting department, which completes all of the jobs. Machining department overheads are charged to jobs on a machine hour’s basis and those of the fitting department on a direct labour hour basis. The budgeted information for next year is as follows:

Heating and lighting £25 000 allocated equally between the two departments
    Machine power £10 000 all allocates to the machining department
    Direct labour £200 000 £150 000 allocated to fitting department and £50 000 to the machine department. All direct workers are paid £10 an hour.
    Indirect labour £50 000 apportioned to the departments in proportion to the direct labour cost
    Direct materials £120 000 all applied to jobs in machining department
    Depreciation £30 000 all relates to the machining department
    Machine time 20 000 hours all worked in the machining department

Required:
    a) Prepare a statement showing the budgeted overheads for next year, analysed between the two departments. This should be in the form of three columns: one for the total figure for each type of overhead and one column each for the two departments, where each type of overhead is analysed between the two departments. Each column should also show the total overhead for the year.

b) Calculate the appropriate rate for charging the overhead of each department (that is a separate rate for each department)
    c) Athena Ltd has been asked by a customer to specify the price that it will charge for a particular job that will, if the job goes ahead, be undertaken early next year. The job is expected to use direct material costing Athena Ltd £ 1200, to need 50 hours of machining time, 10 hours of Machine Department direct labour and 40 hours of Fitting Department direct labour. Athena Ltd charges a profit loading of 20% to the full cost of jobs to determine the selling price.

Show workings to derive the proposed selling price for this job.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 18, 2009, 09:56 AM
    Thank you for taking the time to copy your homework to AMHD.
    Please refer to this announcement: Ask Me Help Desk - Announcements in Forum : Homework Help
    rehmanvohra Posts: 739, Reputation: 27

Oct 18, 2009, 10:27 PM

The question has given you necessary instructions. All you have to do is follow those instructions. If need be you may refer to the Peter Atrill's text book I am sure being a renowned author and a recognized examiner his text book must have comprehensive illustrations to guide you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Seeking free "Ask" site,specifically for "Holistic/Naturopathic questions [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know if there exists on the internet a free "Ask" site, like this one, but that pertains to specifically asking questions relating to subjects such as Holistic, Naturopathic, Homeopathic, Allopathic Medicine, Alternative etc. Thanks.:confused:

Proper exercise from my butt and "love handles"? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok so I've been trying to tone up.. my problem area is my hips and butt area. The rest of my body is pretty healthy. What are exercises that I can do to tone up?

Is private writing in pencil on first page in a book called "Dedication" ? [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know what is the proper name for... when somebody writes ( in pencil ) in a book a short message on the inside of the cover in which they say something like: " From Smith Family to Browns! ( dated and signed ) Paula and Paul Smith". ( Somebody told me it is a "dedication" but I have a...

Homework with book "Contemporary Business 2006" questions [ 2 Answers ]

Questions 1–20: #050618 1. Which of the following facts would lead you to believe that your company takes customer satisfaction seriously? A. Products are all less expensive than competitor products. B. There are more distribution outlets for products than competitors have. C. Regular...

View more questions Search