Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    e_gogidou Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2009, 03:00 AM
    Uk citizenship
    I am a holding a european passport so as my husband but from differrent countries. We are leaving in uk working and paying tax for more than 3 years and have properties here.
    We are expecting a baby. If the baby is born here will he/she have british citizenship?
    If the baby is born in my country( Member of EEA) and we travel here after 2-3 months can he/she apply for british citizenship?
    If the baby is born in my country will he /she have the citizenship of the father?
    e_gogidou Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2009, 03:08 AM
    :)
    Quote Originally Posted by e_gogidou View Post
    I am a holding a european passport so as my husband but from differrent countries ( both members of EEA). We are leaving in UK , working and paying tax for more than 3 years and have properties here. However we got married in my country and the marriage has no been registered in UK yet.
    We are expecting a baby. If the baby is born here will he/she have british citizenship?
    If the baby is born in my country( Member of EEA) and we travel here after 2-3 months can he/she apply for british citizenship? If the baby is born in my country will he /she have the citizenship of the father?
    ukc331 Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Oct 18, 2009, 10:55 PM

Unless either you or your husband hold a British passport or can show strong links to Legacy rules then the Mothers nationality is automatically passed on to any children born of the marriage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I gain citizenship in europe and renounce my citizenship in America [ 23 Answers ]

I have always wanted to move away from the U.S. but I want to do it permanently without the hassle of work visas and "checking in" every year or so. All the flights are very expensive as well. I was told by an acquaintance that I can even receive money for renouncing my citizenship! How do I go...

Citizenship [ 1 Answers ]

My friend is deaf person and I help him to fill out some paper. He wants to apply for USA Passport. He is citizen of USA, but he lost his citizenship certificate. How he can get duplicate of citizenship certificate?

View more questions Search