Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mafiakid Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2009, 12:25 AM
    Using Wireless LAN USB adapter to connect and Browse on my Nokia E63?
    Ok
    Guys hello,

Im new to this website,as someone suggested me to join as for my networking problem.

Anyhow let me brief up with my details first

I am having a

LAPTOP,connected to internet via (Local) LAN cable.

Operating System: Windows Vista 32 bit.

I am having a ZyDas Wireless LAN USB Adapter..

And NOKIA E63

Now I would like to hook my Wireless LAN USB adapter to the laptop and
    Use my NOKIA E63 to browse.

Is that possible or not,

I tried configuring it so much,but still my efforts invain my Cellphone always gives a message

"No Gateway Reply" Thou Im connected to the Wifi LAN adpater using Nokia E63.

I am not using any router,.

Is it possible without router.

Please help me in configuring it.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 18, 2009, 12:41 AM
    As the E63 has built in wireless connectivity, it should be a simple case of connecting it to your router and going from there. ( Nokia Europe - Nokia E63 - Technical specifications )

You need to enable the wireless connection on the phone, search for your router and enter the encryption key.

No need to muck about with wireless on the laptop at all.

What you are trying to do is rather back to front.

Oct 18, 2009, 12:44 AM

@ curlyben

Thanks thou,I can get a router now at the moment.. as I have already over my budget...

So thought to workout with what I have available at home...

Any other solution mate...

Oct 18, 2009, 12:45 AM

"I cannot*"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connect Pantech UM175 wireless broadband modem to Belkin Wireless G router [ 12 Answers ]

I have a Pantech UM 175 wireless broadband modem from Millenicom and I am able to hook it up to a laptop running Vista, a laptop running XP, and a PC running XP individually. However, I would like to have it where I can create a network so that any or all of the computers can access the internet...

Usb wireless adapter [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to set up wireless usb adapter for desktop, windows 98 se Belkin adapter... just got off from customer service they gave up and said must be problem with computer?? Router (belkin) works fine with laptop, and when I hardwire same desktop computer it works fine, signal is very strong...

I don't know about my wireless adapter [ 1 Answers ]

OK so I've had my computer for about 5 years now and I've had the wireless NETGEAR adapter ever since. It worked fine then... but its just crap now. My dad has the same computer, he has wirelss and his works fine. But that's probably because he's got the router. But my problem is my wirless always...

Wireless Router & Adapter [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Sony VAIO laptop with an Intel PRO wireless 2200BG connector networked using a Linksys Wireless G Broadband router with Speed Booster. My Windows XP software tells me my connection speed is 54 Mbps but I don't enjoy that speed. Linksys says I won't get maximum speed and range if I don't...

Wireless Adapter Question [ 2 Answers ]

I have a LinkSys Wireless-B 2.4 Ghz 802.11B Notebook adapter on my laptop. If I ever want to switch the adapter or replace it, can I use another brand? I have a LinkSys 11mbs 802.11b Wireless router in my network. Will this work okay with my network as long as the specs of each adapter are the...

View more questions Search