Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nhatkiem Posts: 120, Reputation: 9

Oct 17, 2009, 09:55 PM
    A very interesting conundrum
    Currently I work and go to school at my college as a math tutor.

My paid position there was to be 10.75 an hour. When I received my check, it was stated my hourly rate was 1,075 an hour, 100x times more.

The checks have a 1 year expiration date.. I am at a loss. Do I cash the check and quit, or do I report the problem? Normally I would report it.. but this is a very large sum of money, and would help me pay off my tuition.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 17, 2009, 10:08 PM

And it would help your education esp in criminal justice when the school catches it and you end up being convicted of a felony for threft by deception.

So you take it in and tell them

Oct 17, 2009, 10:21 PM

I am at a loss as to how it would be a felony if it is the schools mistake and not mine.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 17, 2009, 11:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nhatkiem View Post
    I am at a loss as to how it would be a felony if it is the schools mistake and not mine.
    If you cashed the check, it would be a felony.

Oct 17, 2009, 11:10 PM

It's a good thing I haven't.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Conundrum [ 19 Answers ]

Who do I route for... the Slimes or it's unions ? Globe issues ultimatum: unions must settle or face closure - Local News Updates - The Boston Globe

Camera Conundrum [ 3 Answers ]

I really really really really really really REALLY want to get into photography but I feel that it's hard to do with a p.o.s. kodak digital camera. I would like some suggestions on a nice professional camera, such as a nice canon or something.

Marriage conundrum [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I hope you can help me with some advice on mine and my partner's situation as it is not 'clear-cut' and cannot be 100% answered by the information on the embassy website. I have become very frustrated and confused as we just want to be together but have become lost by the immigration...

Interesting conundrum. [ 14 Answers ]

Christians believe in God, Jesus and a "spirit" Muslims believe in God, and although they do not accept Jesus as a saviour they do believe in him and accept him as a profet. Jews believe in God. Do not and did not accept him as a saviour and for his troubles, murdered him. Given the above...

Conundrum [ 5 Answers ]

I am starting to look for work that I can do from home. I probably won't be able to go back to work after the twins are born because of the cost of child care and what I earn currently. I was looking online and everywhere I look I have to give money to join... I can't afford to do that, and they...

View more questions Search