Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lvp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2009, 09:52 PM
    Demi hair dye go darker if left in for to long?
    Today I tried to dye my hair with natural instinct but when I rinsed it out, my hair color didn't change as much as it should. I have dark brown hair and I wanted to go lighter. Does the length of time you leave it in for effect the color it becomes?? :confused::confused::confused::confused:
    NightGoddess Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2009, 12:25 AM

No, it most likely wasn't the length.

You should never try a drastic color change when you do it at home. I have experienced that its easy to go darker, but very hard to get your hair lighter.

I will suggest go 2 shades lighter at a time (maybe a medium dark brown). The pictures on the boxes is very deceiving, they never or hardly ever come out the same.

Or maybe go to a hair salon. They can put in a few streaks for you. Sometimes it is least expensive to have a professional do it, than messing up your hair, and trying to fix it. It took me two years to get my hair blonde again after making it black... vs one or two trips to the hair salon.
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Oct 18, 2009, 05:19 AM

A demi permanent will not lighten your hair. It's basically like a semi permanent but with longer lasting results.

If you want to go lighter, you will need to use a permanent. How much lighter do you want to go? If you want to go 3 shades lighter, I'd suggest you go to a salon to avoid a disaster.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Demi-Permanent hair dye did NOT fade! [ 9 Answers ]

Hey All, I used a demi-Permanent color on my hair called "Deep Mahogany". (I wish I could say what brand, but I don't know) I liked the color, it was a dark brown/purple, but after a few weeks it faded to red. A few weeks later it was light red. My hair is natural dirty blond, with a...

How to Remove/Fade Demi-permanent Hair color [ 1 Answers ]

I have been lightening my hair and coloring it different colors for years. About 3 months ago I bleached my hair to a blonde color, hated it and then ended up dying it with permanent hair color a light brown that is pretty close to my natural color. Then 1 month ago I used a dark brown...

Vision is Darker out of left eye than right eye [ 13 Answers ]

I have noticed that when I close one eye at a time and look out in a room, that the room is darker when looking out of my left eye than it is when looking out of my right eye. Also, I am unable to see objects with my left eye in a dark room, that I am able to see with my right eye. I have searched...

If demi hair dye is left in your hair too long does it go darker? [ 0 Answers ]

Today I tried to dye my hair with natural instinct but went I rinsed it out my hair color didn't change as much as it should. I have dark brown hair and I wanted to go lighter. Does the length of time you leave it in for effect the color it becomes?? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Roots / bleached then died darker - demi color fading [ 2 Answers ]

OK, so here's the deal. I have long hair past my mid back. At one point my entire head was bleach and platinum blond permanent color applied. I had it that way for a few months. Then had a medium golden blond permanent color applied had that for a couple months. Then just had highlights added...

View more questions Search