Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mylil6 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2006, 11:05 PM
    Wireless Infrared Technology
    My new HP Slimline PC does not have infrared capabilities. I have a Microsoft Wireless Infrared Keyboard/Mouse. Direct searches for an INFRARED ADAPTER at HP and Microsoft products/parts have been no help at all. HP operator actually referred me to Radio Shack (no luck)??

QUESTION 1) Most searches speak of IrDA adapters for networking/data transfer from PC to notebook, PDA, cellphone, etc... IS THIS THE TYPE OF ADAPTER I'M LOOKING FOR?

QUESTION 2) Most of the adapters I found were "mini" and they plug right into the USB 2.0 on the back of the PC. HOW WOULD MY KEYBOARD AND THE ADAPTER BE IN RANGE/SIGHT OF Each other IF THE ADAPTER IS ON THE BACKSIDE OF MY COMPUTER?
    Morrowrj Posts: 345, Reputation: 22

Dec 10, 2006, 09:30 AM
    Ok, first things first. Irda is NOT what you are looking for, This is for data transfer between two devices such as laptop to laptop, etc.
    Second, you ARE looking for an adapter that plugs into your USB port. But my question is, if you have a Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse;they should already have the necessary adapters to make them work. This style is NOT line of sight, and therefore will work on the rear ports of your PC.

Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Educational Technology [ 1 Answers ]

Hi people, I have research about E.T ,and I want some book's or web site to complete my research Thank's all...

Vsate technology [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir; I want to know the VSAT Internet Technology can we both have uplink and down link chanels. Please tell me the web site address which holds all the information about VSAT Technology. Thanking You

Infrared adapter [ 9 Answers ]

I have purchased a china make IrDA adapter (USB). But when I tried to install the driver, I got a message that the driver is not having windows logo stamped. Will it be harmful to the machine if I install this? Any suggestions to overcome this? Thanks

Broadband technology [ 1 Answers ]

What is broadband?

View more questions Search