Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovtrish Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2009, 03:50 PM
    Light kit install for a ceiling fan
    I have a Hampton Bay fan and Harbor Breeze light kit. The fan is already installed. I just bought the light kit and I found the blue and white light kit wires in a plastic bag in the fan. However, they are not connected to anything in the fan. What must I do to connect them to the fan after I have connected them to the light kit?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Oct 18, 2009, 08:27 AM

Did you find blue and white wires in the fan where the light kit is attached?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2009, 01:07 PM

Connect the white and blue to the white and black from the light kit.

If it doesn't work, open the fan at the ceiling and check to be sure the blue is connected there.

Ceiling Fan Wiring - Ceiling Fans N More
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2009, 01:08 PM
    I just re-read. So there is NOT a disconnected blue and white wire set in the switch housing?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Install ceiling fan w / light kit [ 4 Answers ]

I am installing a ceiling fan w / light kit .the fan has a black,white, blue and green wires. The ceiling has black,white ,red , green and ground .there has never been a light installed there b/4. the wall has a separate switch for the light and fan. How do I wire it??

How to install a ceiling fan with a light and switch controlling the light and fan [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I've read so many posts, but can't figure this out. (don't laugh) At the switch: The wiring from the wall has RED, BLACK, and GROUND (bare). The switch is a dimmer for both the fan and light. Wires are BLUE, RED, and BLACK. SO, how do I hook this up? At the fan: The wiring from...

Install ceiling fan light socket and fan switch [ 1 Answers ]

I removed broken light switch pull chain only to find out light socket was also bad. Removed light socket and tried to replace. The old light socket had a wire in addition to the standard black and white. Can I use the standard light socket or do I need to find this socket with third wire? I hooked...

How to install ceiling light. [ 1 Answers ]

Help is needed. We live in a new home that came equipped with basic bare bulb ceiling lights. They are set up to install ceiling fans. My brother did in fact install a ceiling fan for me that would throw the breaker switch and make awful noises. To make a long story short my husband took the...

Ceiling Fan Install, Not Using Included Light Kit [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! We're installing a new ceiling fan that comes with a light. However, we do not wish to install the light; we're just going to use the coverplate. My question is, do we CAP OFF the BLUE wire or do we attach it to the BLACK wire, which controls the fan? Is either option OK? Thanks for...

View more questions Search