Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rubes86 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2003, 07:55 AM
    My cat's don't like each other
    I have a 2 year old cat. My husband and I bought a new kitten for both ourselves and we thought that my 2 year old cat would enjoy having him around to play with when we are not home. At first, Macie, the oldest, did not like the kitten! After a couple of days they began to explore each other and within a week they seemed like best friends. They played, chased each other, slept together, everything! I left for college and now Macie seems to want to kill the kitten. She hisses, growls and even attacks the kitten. I am afraid for both of them but want to keep them. What was strange is that the first time it happened, the next day Macie was his best friend again. But it has happened again just a week later and I don't know what to do. Can you help?
    STCHRIS Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2003, 10:00 PM
    Re: My cat's don't like each other
    Hi sometimes the weather can put cats in a strange mood raining mainly, It could be the kitten as picked up some scent off another cat, But I think your older cat is letting the kitten know who is boss and to keep away when it does not want to be bothered, Don't worry about them the kitten will survive without much damage.
    CHRIS.
    koriani Posts: 132, Reputation: 8

Sep 24, 2003, 06:16 AM
    Re: My cat's don't like each other
    Macie is probably stressed that you are going away. She's taking her feelings of stress and transferring them to the kitten in the form of aggression.

I suggest you get a Feliway Comfort Zone plug in. Feliway is a natural phermone produced by cats facial glands. It helps them feel more relaxed and less stressed. I am using them in my home and it works wonders.

Also, leave something with your scent on it like a shirt or something you have worn recently. Put it where Macie likes to sleep.

Regards,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Both me and my ex have new partners and we want each other back! [ 3 Answers ]

This is very hard. About 4 months ago me and my g/f split up. 2 months later though we hadn't really totally gotten over eahtother we stopped contact and we both ended up in a relationship with other people. But she would talk to me on msn every now and then which was once a month.at this time we...

My cat's is bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

Why is it bleeding??

Cat's eyes and reaction to chemicals in the eye [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday I was cleaning my cat's ears with a special ear cleaner I bought at a pet supply store. She shook her head before I had a chance to massage the cleaner into her ears. The cleaning solution flew all over and she ended up getting it into her eyes. She started meowing and running all over...

Cat's behavior [ 3 Answers ]

We just recently moved to another state, taking our only cat with us. The house we moved into already had 2 other cats and a dog. My cat is adjusting surprisingly well with the other cats, going up to them and trying to get friendly, but the other cats just hiss and growl, and they even throw...

My cat's kittens are dying [ 1 Answers ]

Hello people... I need your help... My cat had disappered.. and she has 3 kittens... she last fed them 14 hours ago... I called the vet and he told me that I must feed them which I did... but I don't know how to take care of 2 weeks kittens who still didn't open their eyes... please hellp me......

View more questions Search