Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boyellasuresh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2009, 11:10 PM
    Windows xp booting startup
    Hi am Suresh! I have been using a Microsoft windows xp-2 in my system. Recently my when I start up system it boots tiil the "Microsoft Windows xp" screen boot screen and it restarts again from the beginning till the "Microsoft windows xp" boot up screen! Its keep on restarting with the same way! But it is not entering to further stage of boot process!

So help me out from this problem!

Thanking you!:)
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2009, 07:38 AM

Couple things you can try - you can try either, both should work

1- boot into safe mode and do a system restore back to the date/time when the PC was not having problems

Do this in Safe Mode

System Restore
    -Go down till you see
    How to use System Restore to restore Windows XP to a previous state
    How to restore Windows XP to a previous state

2- you can do a repair installation that should fix the issue

Repair Installation
    A Repair Install will replace the system files with the files on the XP CD used for the Repair Install. It will leave your applications and settings intact, but Windows updates will need to be reapplied.

Perform a Repair Installation

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

White Screen and Message after booting into Windows XP [ 1 Answers ]

The following message is displayed in black letters on a white background. The device in the system modular bay cannot be identified. It may not be completely inserted or may have some other problem. Please read and complete the following steps in order: 1. press the device completely and...

Booting windows 3.1 on old 386 laptop [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old laptop that I'm pretty sure ran windows 3.1. I am wanting to boot it to be able to let my friends' kids use it and play with it. I may have the disks somewhere, but I thought it used to boot windows on it's own when I turned it on. What command do I need to type in to start it? Or...

Compaq-Windows XP-60GB-256KB-Not booting [ 10 Answers ]

Hello- My mother in law gave me her computer. I brung it home and booted it up. Booted up fine, just slow. Which she had said it was running really slow. My sister in law, who thinks she is a PC tech, has had ahold of it. There were numerous unused, unneeded programs installed, so I decided to...

Having problems booting windows? [ 9 Answers ]

When I start my computer it boots like normal , but then the screen turn the screen all black and lopps to the starts up page that says... bios and so on.. I'm running windows 64 bit . It was working finr.. but now I can't even log on to the computer

Windows XP not booting up properly [ 16 Answers ]

I'm currently posting from my own laptop, but my family's main computer isn't doing so well. Everything was working fine last night, no problems with shut down or anything else for that matter, but this morning when my dad turned on the computer, Windows refused to finish loading. We are running XP...

View more questions Search