Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MissMommy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2009, 07:45 PM
    MY 15 month old son.
    Hello my name is Taylor. I have a 15 month old son, that I'm really concerned about. My friends who have babies as well around my son's age are talking, but he isn't. I work with him every day, from colors, to fruits, vegetables, etc. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, I'm really worried about him not talking. The doctor however says he is fine and has no problems. Could someone help me out, telling me other ways to get him to say words, or talk at all.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 17, 2009, 07:01 AM
    Give him time. Each child develops at their own pace. If he is not talking by 2 or 3, then it's time to get concerned. Right now his brain is a sponge and he is soaking up every word you say. When the time is right he will blurt out every word he has heard.
    KatieK Posts: 20, Reputation: -1

Oct 17, 2009, 07:11 AM
    Just be patciene! But you could try letting him be around other kids his age and see if he picks up on any of there words. Maybee plan a play group!
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2009, 07:34 AM
    I work with a guy who has a boy that didn't walk until he was 3 years, 3 months! All the doctors said that they couldn't see anything that was wrong with him. He just rolled around, to get from place to place. He's 12 now, and is normal in every way.

I think that J_9 is right, give him time. Work with him doing very stimulating things that exicite reaction, like at the zoo.

We tend to worry a lot about our little ones don't we? But most of the time it's just nothing, and they are fine.

If the doctor says he is fine, then I would TRY to go with that.

GOD bless you, and your little one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Landlord Requiring 2 month Vacating Notice on 3 month (month to month) lease [ 21 Answers ]

I am in a situation and am in need of some advice. I am currently renting an apartment in Minneapolis. I am doing an internship which only requires me to live here for 3 Months. I signed a lease with a complex on a month to month basis. I planned to Move out at the end of April, so on march 1 I...

Upstate NY Month to Month lease termination- Prorated rent after 1st of next month? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, As a month to month renter in Rochester, NY (outside the city) with no lease, I gave notice on June 3 that I would be moving out on July 1. My landlord proceeded to tell me that I would be responsible for the ENTIRE month of July's rent, even though my 30 day notice would take me to the...

Is it common to have a 2 month notice to vacate on a month to month lease? [ 2 Answers ]

Can my landlord require me to give a 2 months notice to vacate even though my lease is month to month? It was in the lease which was originally a 1 year lease which after the year, change to month to month. I can see giving 60 days with the year lease, but not on a month to month.

View more questions Search