Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Squashua Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2009, 04:33 PM
    Pilot light is lit but burner is not working
    I have a Carrier outside combination unit. When I turn on the gas and turn the pilot switch to pilot I can hear a constant flow of gas going through the copper tube to the pilot. And the pilot lights with ease. I can even have the switch to on and the pilot lights immediately. Now when I turn on the heater everything works fine, the blower will come on and the pilot stays lit, but the burner won't light so I only have cool air coming through the vents. I was reading online about either the thermocouple could be bad or dirty. Any help would be very much appreciated. It's cold...
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 16, 2009, 04:56 PM
    I do not believe your thermocouple is the problem. It is something in the control wiring circuit causing the gas valve not to activate. Use a meter to trace the power back from the gas valve to the rest of the control system to find the problem device.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pilot light lights but Burner won't start. [ 2 Answers ]

I have an Empire DV 215 propane furnace. Last January I turned it off after successfully using for the month of December. Still have 25 gal of propane and wanted to heat area to keep plants warm. Can get pilot light lit but burner won't ignite. Totally cleaned all parts and replaced thermopile...

Armstrong Ultra sx 80, pilot light lit, but burner does not light [ 4 Answers ]

Armstrong Ultra sx 80, pilot light lit, but heater doesn't turn on

Carrier Furnace sparcks but will not light pilot/burner. [ 3 Answers ]

My Carrier Gas Furnace Model#58GS will not light pilot/burner when turned on. I can hear and see the spark but it does not light up. It appears that no gas is coming through even though the control knob and manual shut off valve are turned on. I also cannot smell gas. Gas to house is OK because gas...

Carrier Gas Furnace will not light pilot and burner [ 3 Answers ]

My Carrier Gas Furnace Model#58GS will not light pilot/burner when turned on. I can hear and see the spark but it does not light up. It appears that no gas is coming through even though the control knob and manual shut off valve are turned on. I also cannot smell gas. Since it was easy, I...

Gas Water Heater burner/pilot light . [ 1 Answers ]

Hey there, It has been a wild week. I had to travel 2 hours to a hospital because they thought my grandfather had an anyerism. Luckily he is still in the hospital but OK. But when I got home I had no hot water. Check and pilot light was out. Relit pilot OK. Turned thermostat knob up, burner...

View more questions Search