Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    UnfadingFlames Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2009, 12:25 PM
    I've been having hallucinations
    Hi, I'm fifteen and have recently gone through some really mentally and emotionally difficult things that have been really hard on me... In the past few months I've been having episodes of seeing things in shadows and feeling panicked, but it didn't seem threatening. The images were grainy and usually things I just got glances of so even though it scared me I didn't worry too much about it. But I've had a recent situation that's sent me into waves of depression, and the hallucinations have increased. I see things not only in shadows, and much more directly (although they are still very fast images). I also have more trouble distinguishing these things from real things (which I didn't have a problem with before). It doesn't happen constantly, it's just starting to get to a point where it worries me and I don't want to go crazy.

A simple examble would be yesterday when I reached down to the floor in my room to pick something up and saw (just out of my main line of sight) a lizard with a long tail quickly crawl under my dresser. I reacted out of reflex and my head turned sharply towards it, and I was sure I saw it. But as I looked around under the dresser and around, I suddenly realized how ridiculous that was. It couldn't have been there, we don't even have lizards in our area and there wouldn't be one inside the house.

Also, I've been forgetting things and acting kind of odd. I've been doing a few weird things like putting plastic trash into the fridge before realizing what I was doing, and putting spoons in glasses in the dishwaser (as opposed to in its container). These things bother me because it wasn't just me being flighty or distracted, I was possitive at that moment that I was placing things in the right place. Only after I had done it and was finished did I stop for a long moment and process what I'd done. It was a really weird sensation.

I've also had a couple of times where I went to a room or outside for a minuet and then don't have any recollection of doing something I'd done, or going somewhere I did. Like I wasn't present in my body when I did it, even though it was only a few minuets it feels weird to have a blank spot in my mind. Again, it wasn't just being distractable and not paying attention, I really believed that I had not done something or gone somewhere before I saw the evidence that I had. I know these things don't seem important, but they're really worrying me and I don't know what's wrong with me. Can anyone help shed some light?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2009, 12:49 PM

No one on line can diagnose you, unfortunately. You need to see a Physician. Perhaps a counsellor could help. This is nothing to play around with.

Has anything happened in your life that has greatly upset you?

It sounds like you are certainly in control of things and you express yourself well but you have to rule out any possible problems, physical/mental, now, before things possibly get worse.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2009, 10:59 PM
    I would start with a visit to a doctor before anything else. There are some brain disorders that may cause what you are describing, but it could just be tiredness or extreme stress.

Best thing is to speak to your parents about it and ask them to make an appointment for you. Don't wait too long. It's not a good idea to ignore anything that distorts your sensory perceptions.
    Angrycustomer Posts: 79, Reputation: -1

Jun 23, 2010, 05:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
    I would start with a visit to a doctor before anything else. There are some brain disorders that may cause what you are describing, but it could just be tiredness or extreme stress.

Best thing is to speak to your parents about it and ask them to make an appointment for you. Don't wait too long. It's not a good idea to ignore anything that distorts your sensory perceptions.
    =
    what kind of lizard was it? How long? Was it moving slow or fast? When you turned your head did you see blurs or just entirely forget what just happened? What's your earliest memory of yourself. Start their.
    Angrycustomer Posts: 79, Reputation: -1

Jun 23, 2010, 05:49 PM

What color was the lizard too?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2010, 07:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrycustomer View Post
    what color was the lizard too?

This is an old thread.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do I have Hallucinations? [ 18 Answers ]

I keep having hallucinations.I once thought a table cloth was my mom and it wasn't.I thought once bugs were on the wall when nothing was.I don't know what's wrong with me :(.I try to stop it,everything time I look at something,it's a hallucination.

Hallucinations with morphine [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has taken morphine for a long time for chronic pancreatitis. Lately, he has been having severe hallucinations, confusion, and drowsiness. I know some of this is to be expected, but it is very severe. What should I do (He thinks he is fine)?

Nutmeg hallucinations? [ 1 Answers ]

My friend Sarah says she wants to get high off nutmeg. Apparently, this is possible. I also heard that if you do it, it feels like the worst hangover on the planet. I am afraid this will hurt her body. Will this kill her? Can she get addicted to it like LSD or any other drug? How can I talk...

View more questions Search