5 26.32%
  • Too soon to tell - but I'm watchin the news

1 5.26%
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2009, 07:00 AM
    IS Balloon Boy a hoax?
    Hello:

Vote for one. Leave a comment if you want to.

I, for one, think it's a hoax and I'm going to vote right now.

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2009, 07:09 AM

I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt for now . But I have to agree that right now it don't look good.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2009, 07:27 AM
    http://gawker.com/5382890/balloon-bo...s-for-the-show
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2009, 07:42 AM

I just heard part of the interview,when the parents ask the kid did he hear them call and how come he did not respond, the kid answered, because you told me not too.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2009, 07:54 AM

The latest is the parents were there for the liftoff watching. Yeah, it's a hoax.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2009, 02:52 PM

Of course it was a hoax. More than likely the parents own a business where the public can purchase one of the saucer balloons. Want to bet that they own a store and need more business? That was a unique balloon.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 16, 2009, 03:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    Of course it was a hoax. More than likely the parents own a business where the public can purchase one of the saucer balloons. Wanna bet that they own a store and need more business? That was a unique balloon.
    The parents were on an episode of Wife Swap. They are amateur storm chasers.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2009, 03:12 PM

I saw this nut job on wife swap(reality TV show) and believe me,he is out there somewhere .
    This dude is wacked !
    It is a hoax to be sure and he should be charged!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 16, 2009, 03:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    I saw this nut job on wife swap(reality tv show) and believe me,he is out there somewhere .
    This dude is wacked !
    It is a hoax to be sure and he should be charged!
    I agree that this family was a freak show!! They got their 15 minutes of fame and it just wasn't enough!
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2009, 03:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    I agree that this family was a freak show!!! They got their 15 minutes of fame and it just wasn't enough!
    They were indeed a freak show and that guy is not playing with a full deck! Maybe he is trying to promote something.
    Heaven knows he was the lamest storm chaser I had ever seen.
    Now he has twenty minutes of fame and hopefully an arrest for false reporting of an incident.
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Oct 16, 2009, 05:12 PM
    Just heard on the news that it was a hoax and the family could be billed several hundred thousand dollars for this stupid stunt. I certainly hope they are charged and fined.
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2009, 05:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by earl237 View Post
    Just heard on the news that it was a hoax and the family could be billed several hundred thousand dollars for this stupid stunt. I certainly hope they are charged and fined.
    The services that may have responded to this BS may have been needed elsewhere,for serious emergencies.
    What a jerk! I hope no one who truly needed help was put on the back burner because of this idiocy!
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2009, 01:57 AM
    You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind; a journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead — your next stop, the Twilight Zone.

America's fascination with reality shows is what drives this type of stunt. In fact,I don't see much difference between this and a so called reality show. It was compelling drama this staged event . The press and the public were willing participants and ate it up until they realized they were duped.

Now the public will turn on this man even as they willingly accept the staged dramas of reality shows as real time truth.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2009, 11:51 AM
    I was riveted to the TV screen while it was unfolding. I prayed that the child would be safe. Now I am mad as hell that someone would be so starved for attention as to capture the hearts of the world, even for a few hours. Even more so that he is teaching his small children to LIE.

What should the punishment be? I think he should pay for the law enforcement's time and trouble. Then he should be fined and sentenced to community service. Maybe cleaning up roadkill or something really nasty.

He is a publicity wh*re and dragged his family into the mix. I say we stop all stories and interviews with him and his wife in them.

For as long as he lives, may he always be remembered as the lying father. He actually CRIED during one interview. What a jacka$$!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2012 Hoax [ 7 Answers ]

Was just wondering peoples views on 2012,supposedly the end of the world. What are your thoughts on this? A lot of people (particularly children) are really scared witless that the world will end in 2012. This I believe is a hoax. Nostradamus 2012 I believe we are coming to the 5th...

Www.skinbleaching.net IS HOAX [ 14 Answers ]

Hi All, This is not a question about skin lightening. I just want to do everybody a favor by letting you know about a business called skinbleaching.net. I am sure many of you have come across this site when you researched on skin lightening products. They sure sound good BUT they will take your...

How can atheism be a hoax? [ 26 Answers ]

In the now closed topic "Religion all a hoax?" someone unimportant posted : "The real hoax is atheism". Talk about a non-argument !!! Let's see the real meaning of the word Atheism : Atheism A Theism A = without or no

Religion all a hoax? [ 27 Answers ]

Somebody once told me christianity was "invented" to rival pagan holidays such as Easter -pagan fertility celebration (explains why we get eggs at this time of year and not crucifixes.. Also explains the easter bunny, we all know what rabbits are famed for) Does anyone know what I'm talking about?...

Hoax or not? [ 4 Answers ]

The email stating that if you get an email titled: "You've received a Post Card" that it is a new virus. Is it true or not?

View more questions Search