Ask
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2009, 09:35 PM
    Lmao...
    canuguesswhoiam Posts: 44, Reputation: -1

Oct 20, 2009, 09:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by EggoMini View Post
    Thank you! I've been rotating Likas Papaya Soap, Dove Sensitive Unscented, and Fair & Flawless cleansing scrub.

I just noticed that Dove makes an exfoliating version too. I'm going to try it.

Dove Moisturizing Lotion Gentle Exfoliating Beauty Bar Soap - 4.2 Oz, 2 Pack Buy Online

Awesome!

I love your chest skintone its so creamy and delicious looking!
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Oct 21, 2009, 12:41 AM
    She has cute lips too.:)
    EggoMini Posts: 161, Reputation: 5

Oct 21, 2009, 01:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    Well, the photo looks very natural, I'm hoping to achieve that by December...fingers crossed.
    You can do it! If I can turn back the clock a bit, anyone can. I was in deep denial and neglect. Lol!

Oct 21, 2009, 01:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lilgreg1 View Post
    Great sunglasses, I should get myself a pair. ;)
    :p:D:cool:

Oct 21, 2009, 01:24 AM

^ those shades have got to be customs! :)
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Oct 21, 2009, 01:29 AM
    What are you two lighteners doing up so late?

Oct 21, 2009, 01:34 AM

On a twilight/vampire schedule!

Oct 21, 2009, 01:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by canuguesswhoiam View Post
    awesome!

i luv ur chest skintone its so creamy and delicious looking!
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkicute View Post
    She has cute lips too.:)
    Thanks! You all know how to make an old lady feel great! :D

I hope to get my whole body the color of my torso... I'm still not sure if it's possible or not. I've had some serious tans over the years but if what I'm reading (here and @ SkinCareTalk) is true maybe it will happen eventually.

I wish other people would post more progress photos. There are a few more at SCT but it's pretty much tumbleweed-city visually there too.. . Excellent advice & experience but few photos.

Re: the topic and prices

The HQ and RA + sunblock regimen seems much more reasonable (even with the shipping fees) than some of these lightening lines (F&F, Makari etc).

I'm still laughing about what someone (GG I think?) said about the extra fancy Makari containers. I agree, they really could stand to tone it down.

They're, like, fit for the Pharaohs! Lol!. It's a psych thing though... some people really go for that.

Give me a simple tube or plastic jar with more product any day!

Oct 21, 2009, 01:55 AM
    on a twilight/vampire schedule!
    :p

Oct 21, 2009, 02:04 AM

Quote Originally Posted by nikkicute View Post
    What are you two lighteners doing up so late?
    Peace & quiet... children are asleep... If I don't watch the clock, it's easy for me to read, YouTube, or look at forums until 3 or 4.. then of course I'm extra wrung out the next day.:o
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2009, 07:28 PM
    He he...

Fit for the Pharaohs jars indeed. When someone mentioned they saved their makari jar, it reminded me of how I saved mine too. I think I threw only one in the trash so far and wiped it clean, I wasn't sure what to do with them... keep them as souvenirs? Pour some Jergens lotion in them, repackage them, and regive as gifts? I don't know? So pretty and are a waste once your finished with it a month later. I was wandering if I can recycle them?

Oct 21, 2009, 07:42 PM

Probably can't recycle unless you can separate the plastic part from that clear frosted glass.

If you make your own creams you can use the jars and bottles as your containers... if its nothing that would oxidize like hq or kojic.
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2009, 08:43 PM
    probably can't recycle unless u can separate the plastic part from that clear frosted glass.

if u make ur own creams u can use the jars and bottles as ur containers... if its nothing that would oxidize like hq or kojic.
    Good point. I might as well save the previous jars, sterilize them, and use them for later use like an alpha-arbutin crème or something.
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Oct 22, 2009, 07:38 AM

Funnily enough I put my jar out for recycling and the next thing I knew, it was in my bathroom. My Mum had retrieved it and was using it for one of her creams. Good job I had removed the sticker that said it was a lightening cream, eh!!

Oct 22, 2009, 10:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MAHARANI View Post
    Funnily enough I put my jar out for recycling and the next thing I knew, it was in my bathroom. My Mum had retrieved it and was using it for one of her creams. Good job I had removed the sticker that said it was a lightening cream, eh !!!
    Lol me mummy rummages through my recycling trash, looking for what can be salvaged too!
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Oct 23, 2009, 06:18 AM

Jeez what's that about ? Sometimes it drives me mad because I hate clutter and feel so good when I recycle, give or throw things away. If my Mum had her way, we wouldn't be able to move for the clutter.
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2009, 11:03 PM
    Lol... funny! Well, you all have me thinking that I should sterilize them now and put them to use, I hate clutter too soI might as well make use of them since they are pretty and sturdy.
    Golden_Boy Posts: 330, Reputation: 6

Nov 28, 2009, 04:02 PM

So I have been here a month and a half, and come to see the ugly side of skin lightening products.

Some of these products often discussed are peddled by greedy, conniving members who created the websites, products, and reviews right here to cash in on those of us prone, out of our desperation for a quick solution, to fall for the professional image, raving reviews, and alluring promises. That's why they are priced so expensive like $100 5X gel or $100 10X gel, because here in our questions we describe what we are looking for and spend so much time talking about it, that it must be so valuable, the answers, the solutions by way of specific product recommendations. Do you agree with me?
    By the way, $300 on makari got me nothing but awful breakouts for the past month. I've learned a valuable lesson from my new experience here. I'm going to save my money for school and other needs, instead of waste it through unbridled vanity on some of these expensive, spiteful, shady, products.

Thanks so much the genuine people here including Golden sis, Maharani, Eggo, lilgreg, artlady, Clough!
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2009, 08:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Boy View Post
    So I have been here a month and a half, and come to see the ugly side of skin lightening products.

Some of these products often discussed are peddled by greedy, conniving members who created the websites, products, and reviews right here to cash in on those of us prone, out of our desperation for a quick solution, to fall for the professional image, raving reviews, and alluring promises. That's why they are priced so expensive like $100 5X gel or $100 10X gel, because here in our questions we describe what we are looking for and spend so much time talking about it, that it must be so valuable, the answers, the solutions by way of specific product recommendations. Do you agree with me?
    By the way, $300 on makari got me nothing but awful breakouts for the past month. I've learned a valuable lesson from my new experience here. I'm going to save my money for school and other needs, instead of waste it through unbridled vanity on some of these expensive, spiteful, shady, products.

Thanks so much the genuine people here including Golden sis, Maharani, Eggo, lilgreg, artlady, Clough!
    You better not go anywhere golden, your post reads like a fairwell speech.. lol. I warned you about the makari with their prices and possible breakouts. That's why I went generic, far cheaper with very pleasant results. It's easy to get caught up w/ the testimonials and glitz of the advertising, not saying I won't try branded items again. But, this was what I came to realize that many lightening companies will charge $40-$200 for a couple of ouces of crème that costs about 5 bucks to make, and I always hate the feeling like I'm getting ripped off. If it's worth $5-$15 to get great results, then that's all I want to pay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the best skin lightening products? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum. I need some help. My prom is approximately two and a half month away (counting from today May 04th 2009 lol) and I would like to whiten my skin 2-3 shades lighter than it is now for my prom. (im an african-american and my skin is the same colour as Chris Brown's...

Skin lightening products [ 4 Answers ]

I need advice on natural skin lightening products like plants and herbs that I can use for my skin. I am a black african woman.

View more questions Search