Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2006, 01:52 PM
    Wire at the service panel
    I am installing a
    GEŽ 30" Free-Standing Electric Range(JBS55WK/CK/BK). It can use a 3 or 4-WIRE CONDUIT INSTALLATION plug from the range to the outlet. I have a double braker space available at the service panel. I have installed brakers into the panel for outlets and lights and then had them checked. I have never wired for a 40 amp breaker. What wire should I get and how should it be wired into the service panel. Is the 4 wire a better choice any help will be appreciated.
    ed s Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Nov 3, 2006, 05:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomm
    I am installing a
    GEŽ 30" Free-Standing Electric Range(JBS55WK/CK/BK). It can use a 3 or 4-WIRE CONDUIT INSTALLATION plug from the range to the outlet. I have a double braker space available at the service panel. I have installed brakers into the panel for outlets and lights and then had them checked. I have never wired for a 40 amp breaker. What wire should I get and how should it be wired into the service panel. Is the 4 wire a better choice any help will be appreciated.
    A # 8 wire.. two hot wires one white neutral and a bare ground... 4 wire #8 romex wire

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Main Service Panel needs [ 9 Answers ]

I ran across this site accidentally today and found someone who had many of the same issues I need help with. Most of my questions were answered reading the forum however I have one more, using the following information I am hoping someone can help. The existing house is apx. 2300 sq ft w/a 200...

Neutrals and Grounds in service panel [ 2 Answers ]

I'm wiring everything for my basement in the panel. There are plenty of open spots left. When I look at the existing wiring (for the rest of the house), all the grounds go to the block on the left and all the neutrals go to the block on the right? 1. Is this required? 2. Why or why not? ...

How do I relocate a main service panel? [ 4 Answers ]

I need to move my main service panel about 20 feet. All of the branch feeder wires need to be longer to reach the new box. How do I extend them?

4 wire home service entrance wire size [ 1 Answers ]

Mobile home requires 4 wire electrical service entrance wire. Distance is 160 foot from meter to breaker panel. 220V service. What size wire do I use? Can I use diff. size for neutral and ground?

Service panel in bathroom OK? [ 1 Answers ]

We are going to finish our basement and our electrical service panel in the corner of a room where we would like to build a new bathroom. Can we have the service panel in a closet in the new bathroom or would that be a hazard?

View more questions Search