Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    girlfriday72 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2009, 12:12 PM
    Children's book about a dodo bird babysitter and soda pop faucets
    Hi guys:

I've been hunting for a children's book that I read in 4th grade or so, which would have been about 1978. It was most surely written long before that, maybe in the 60's since the copy I had was yellowing.

It's an obscure book, can't remember the title, but it is about a group of children who end up with a wacky babysitter (who either was a dodo bird or had a dodo bird as a pet or something).

The babysitter is a fantastical person of course, and turns all the faucets in the house so that they all run different flavors of soda pop instead of water. There is also some flying sort of like bedknobs and broomsticks but it was book not a movie.

Anyone remember this book?

Thanks,

Shelly
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Oct 14, 2009, 05:06 PM

Amazon.com: Mr. Pudgins (9780590013390): Ruth Christoffer Carlsen, Margaret Bradfield: Books
    girlfriday72 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2009, 12:49 AM

Quinn! Thanks so much, I even searched Google and Amazon for keywords babysitter, bathtub, soda pop, and I couldn't find this link. You must be better at search than I am.

Thanks!!
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Oct 15, 2009, 05:37 PM

You're welcome.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Children's Film with Golden Bird [ 5 Answers ]

When I was in elementary school I remember my teacher showing a film about children having an adventure with a golden bird. If I recall correctly, the bird was a statue/idol that came to life. I could be wrong about that though. I could have sworn they referred to the bird as a Phoenix, and to...

Bicarbonate of soda vs. Baking soda? [ 2 Answers ]

In Australia, we only have bicarbonate of soda and baking powder. The chocolate crinkles recipe I want to try out requires baking soda. Which can I use to substitute & how much?:confused:

90's Children's Movie: Magic Babysitter & Songs [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone recall the title to an early 1990s children movie about a babysitter who comes to watch three children because their mother (a hairdresser I think) is stuck at the salon because it is raining "cats and dogs". There is a lot of music/singing to classic children songs like alphabet soup,...

No one will believe me. Trying to remember 80's/90's kids movie with a dodo bird. [ 4 Answers ]

It is killing me that I can not remember an old kids movie I saw about 17 years ago. I remember the movie almost as if it was yesterday, but no one believes me that I actually did see it (especially since the movie is very weird and sounds like a dream). The movie had 2 parts to it. A real...

Identifying baking soda and washing soda [ 2 Answers ]

Using a monoprotic acid, how would you find out which sample is baking soda and which sample is washing soda if you have unknown samples of each? I think it has something to do with how much CO2 each produces when reacted with the acid, but I don't know which produces more CO2 and which produces...

View more questions Search