Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    girlfriday72 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2009, 11:42 AM
    Obscure animation with mermaids, rated R
    Hi guys:

I am looking for an animated movie that I used to watch on cable TV when I was maybe 12 or so. This would have been around 1984 or so but not sure when the movie was made.

It's a very trippy mermaid movie about two fairy sort of mermaid/sprites that meet and fall in love. I am not sure what the rating was but it had to be either PG-13 or R, not for kids because there was some sexual stuff between the boy and girl character.

The film itself was very trippy, I don't know if it was Japanese but the graphics were very detailed, and a lot like Ponyo, which is what reminded me of this film in the first place... very "alice in wonderland" down the rabbit hole type stuff.

Sorry I don't remember much else.
    fiend101 Posts: 234, Reputation: 56

Oct 14, 2009, 12:42 PM

The sea prince and the fire child?
    girlfriday72 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2009, 01:51 PM
    Fiend:

Good guess, I have seen the trailers on YouTube and while the storyline seems somewhat familiar enough to match, the animation style seems different, not quite as trippy as I remembered it. I wonder if there is a "remake" of this film?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Romex rated to 90 deg C [ 1 Answers ]

I am putting in recessed ceiling cans and running Romex 12-2 wire to power them. The literature that came with the cans states "Supply conductors connecting the fixture must be rated minimum 90 degrees C." (That's 194 deg F). Is my Romex brand "Simpull" made by Southwire rated to 90 deg C? How...

Pro-rated paycheck [ 3 Answers ]

I only received 9% of my paycheck, I worked from Feb-May and was being paid stipend agreed upon before the season. I started working at the scheduled time, but at the end of the season they pro-rated my check because my fingerprints didn't clear for weeks. I was told since they didn't clear they...

Name of movie with boat and mermaids/sirens in cold [ 1 Answers ]

People on a boat in a cold place mermaid/sirens (pale with black eyes and hair sharp teeth long nails) singing, men went into trance the only woman on the boat did not. It was very cold. Can't remember if it was a pirate movie or what.

View more questions Search