Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ownewoldhouse Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2009, 09:38 AM
    How to hang heavier items on lathe and plaster walls
    I recently purchased a home built in 1925, and the walls are lathe and plaster, not drywall. I have no experience with this type of wall. Is there an anchor that is usable for hanging heavier or weight bearing items? I have heard that finding a stud in this type of wall is often impossible!! I do not want to hang something, only to be awoken in the middle of the night when it falls to the floor, along with most of the plaster from the wall!!

Check out some similar questions!

Hanging heavy items on drywall over plaster? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I'm hanging a medicine cabinet in the bathroom. Do not know the weight but imagine it's no more than 40lbs when filled. Probably a conservative estimate. The walls are drywall over plaster. So basically I can't use an anchor meant for a hollow wall, but the first layer is not as...

Install shelf on plaster and lathe wall [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to install a 16 inch shelf on a plaster and lathe wall that would be strong enough to be used as a desk holding a computer(flatscreen) monitor and keyboard. The room is small so I need the space under the shelf open to accommodate the opening of a futon or small sofa bed. Thanks for...

Plaster walls [ 7 Answers ]

Hello what is the best way to cover plaster wall holes about 3" big

Galvanized pipe replace shower& tub valves, adobe house with lathe and plaster walls [ 2 Answers ]

I have an old adobe house, (forty years old), with lathe and plaster and adobe walls. I have galvanized pipes and need to replace the valves in the showers and tub. The stems are not available, (obsolete), what to do? I hired a plumber he ordered the parts then late last night said I should find...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.