Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charles1956 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2009, 06:45 AM
    Adding spouse to bank account
    Wife is bedridden and cannot speak. How does one go about getting added to her bank account? This is in Texas. Had a power of attorney letter written, but bank said they do not honor those.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2009, 04:57 AM

Open a new account online with another bank.
    charles1956 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2009, 06:51 AM

Thanks for the quick reply, will check into this...
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 15, 2009, 07:27 AM

Since you obviously have access to a computer have her log into the bank account and set up user names and pass word, then add you to the account.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My bank account got red flag I need my money who can I call for the bank to relase it [ 6 Answers ]

I have a over sea investment account that I have had for many years now. I am in some financial problem and need to liquidate that account. It a very large some of money. I got the account wire transfer to my bank account. I knew the bank would red flag it because of the large amount but now it...

Adding new spouse to W-4 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I got married late last year, 2008. My spouse is not in the United States and I am on a H1-B. He may join me in the US on a H4 visa later this year. How do I update the form W-4, given that my spouse is not in the US? Also, for filing the income tax returns for 2008, do I need claim...

Bank account seized. Received nationwide checks for claim (in account) can these be e [ 2 Answers ]

Small claims ct. seized bank account. Want to vacate nationwide claim checks for house repair from storm and vandalizim (can these be exempt funds?)

Bank Account Levy, joint account [ 1 Answers ]

Today, a levy was placed on the joint account of myself and my wife, for a debt she had from a credit card company. Once I found out, I called her and had her call the lawyer, who then told her to dispute it, she would have to send a certified letter to the court, as well as the plaintiff, as to...

401 k adding spouse name [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know if you can add a spouse to an existing 401k? I was told that you can't and that it is the law. I am in Hawaii and not familiar with that. If this is correct, any suggestions besides liquidating and eat penalties and taxes to have both my wife and I on the same account. Roth,...

View more questions Search