Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2006, 05:43 AM
    Firefox 2.0
    I'm on v1.5.0.7 - and on automatic updates. Why am I not on 2.0? Even doing a manual "check for updates", it says I'm up to date.

Yeah, I know I can download and install 2.0... I'm just curious as to what's up with it saying 1.5 is "up to date"...
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2006, 05:52 AM
    They haven't added it to the automatic updates yet for some reason. I've been using 2.0 for 2 weeks now and it's stable and most plug-ins and add-ons are compatible.
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2006, 06:14 AM
    Are there any new goodies?. or is there anything that stands out as better than 1.5?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2006, 06:23 AM
    Not a huge difference I'll admit. I like the close buttons on each tab versus the one at the far right hand side in 1.5. The History function is beefed up with the addition a "Restore closed tabs" feature. The "Session Restore" has proved useful to me last night when a reboot caught me offguard.
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2006, 07:31 AM
    Boy, I NEED that restore closed tabs feature! I too often click "close other tabs" when I mean to click on "close tab". Off to download 2.0!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

FireFox - What's up with this? [ 6 Answers ]

I have been using FireFox as my default browser for quite some time, but all of a sudden it stopped working. I can only use the browser if I use the safe mode (it's built into FF). I have tried unistalling & reinstalling, but that does nothing to help. Has anyone else experienced this problem &...

Firefox? [ 2 Answers ]

For some reason my Firefox worked OK the first day. Now I get no pics when I go to websites/email boxes etc... Dozens of errors on the Java console. I don't get it it worked great then next time I turned on the computer they just aren't working together. Firefox and Java??

Firefox and PDFs [ 9 Answers ]

Been test driving FF about a month now. I do like the tabbed browsing but don't like the way it handles cache.. . anyway, I digress. Whenever I click on a PDF link a new page opens but it's blank and FF is telling me it's Done. Searching "pdf" in FF Help nets zero. I'm assuming it's...

Firefox Or IE? [ 17 Answers ]

The newest of version of Firefox is due to believe released today and it looks like it has hit a 10% market share (info from here). So I was wondering - what browser does everyone use regularly? Just curious to see the spread on these forums. I'm a Firefox user myself and I love it. It tops...

Firefox and Mozilla [ 4 Answers ]

Might be a simple answer to this? Currently I am using Firefox as my web browser,but I have also downloaded Mozilla 1.8a6,which is a 'latest' version of 'that' browser.Having visited the Mozilla web site many times,and read all the technical specs,so called 'bug' problems,and generally read up on...

View more questions Search