Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Courtneymark1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2009, 06:46 PM
    On my york Furnace The flame cuts off after 2 sec
    I have a York Stellar Furnace The Model Number is ( P3UCd20N09101A) I can not get the flame to stay on, Therefore I am heating my house with the oven . I have cleaned the Temperature control stick, Gas is on, Thermostat is digital and has new batteries, and the filter is brand new. I have vaccumed out where the burners are and have generally tried to clean all the other controls. Still no heat. Do you have any other ideas that I can try before I have to hire a repair man. Thermocupler? Piolot adjustment? etc..
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 13, 2009, 07:55 PM
    That sounds exactly like a dirty flame sensor. If you cleaned already clean it again. Steel wool or sandpaper with a bit of elbo grease if you follow my drift.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

York Stellar Furnace Heating up Furnace Room to 110 Degress? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a York Stellar Furnace in my newly purchased house. Furnace is 15 years old. Furnace is releasing hot air from front grills and heats up furnace room to 110 Degrees. I had a Bryant Furnace in another house and this never happened. All plenams and ducts are taped and sealed so the heat is...

My Goodman furnace cuts on for 1 sec [ 7 Answers ]

The status light blinks continuously which the panel states is either incorrect twinning or incorrect primary polarity. It suggests that I check "reverse transformer," "secondary leads," and "reverse primary wires." My diagram does not label these parts. Is there a part that I might replace or...

Oil furnace comes on and then cuts out [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, We have an oil furnace. We just had a delivery of oil and we bled the lines. Now we turn it on and it comes on for a few minutes and then cuts out. Any suggestions on what we should do? Thanks! Audrey

Oil furnace, Burner cuts out [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, my original post was over a noisy draft regulator. Since then I have determined the cause of the regulator banging was the burner going out. This only occurs for a fraction of a second, just little pulses. I changed my in-line fuel filter and my burner nozzle. When I remove the inspection cover...

Furnace flame cuts out [ 10 Answers ]

Having problems keeping flame burning in furnace.Oil furace hadn't been used in 2 years and had oil delivered recently.We figured the tank would be close to empty but were told after it was filled that it was already over 1/3 full. Furnace would light up with yellow flame but then turn blue and...

View more questions Search