Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alliesuecat Posts: 158, Reputation: 3

Oct 13, 2009, 04:12 PM
    Wanting more info about ipods
    I am going to get an iPod and I never had one before. I don't really know how to download songs and I'm also not even sure if it's ever free to download. Anything that anyone knows about ipods would be helpful. Thank you kindly.

Dec 27, 2009, 08:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alliesuecat View Post
    i am going to get an ipod and i never had one before. i don't really know how to download songs and i'm also not even sure if it's ever free to download. anything that anyone knows about ipods would be helpful. thank you kindly.
    Never mind I have my iPod now and I figured it out pretty much.

Jan 21, 2010, 09:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna01 View Post
    Downloading music from your hard-drive to you Ipod is done with the program called Itunes. This program comes with your Ipod purchase or can be downloaded at Apple. The software is vital because it not only allows you to purchase from the popular Itunes music service, it’s also the only way you can transfer songs onto your Ipod.

So let’s look into the Itunes software, and more specifically, the Itunes library that is used to transfer songs from your hard-drive to your Ipod. You’ll find it on the left hand panel of the program. Your library contains all your songs, movies, and podcast that you want to transfer over. Through the Itunes library, you’ll be able to use their drag-and-drop feature for easy and fast transfer to your Ipod.

Before we move one to the next step, it should be made clear that songs that are downloaded from P2P clients might not show up on the Itunes library. You must add them manually, because you will not be able to transfer any songs until they are integrated into your Itunes library. Doing this is simple. Click on file>add file to library, locate the file you want to add, and press enter to complete the process. There is also the ‘add folder to library’ function which allows you to transfer a whole folder of songs into the Itunes library. This is quite handy to have if most of your songs are stored in one place on your hard drive.

Alright, let’s get back on track here. You know the proper steps in which to keep your Itunes library updated now, and the last step is a breeze. Plug in your Ipod to the USB port in your computer, and you’ll notice the new option to add songs from your Itunes library to the Ipod. Click and drag your files into the Ipod transfer screen and then you’re done! You’re now ready to explore the wonderful world of music without the burden of a large cumbersome computer to haul alongside you!
    Source: www.buzzle.com
    the ultimate P2P file sharing community
    Yes and I am also going to be using CDs to put songs on since it's free. It was awhile back when I posted that question and now I actually have the iPod I got it for christmas :). I really do appreciate you taking time to tell me everything and I will get it done soon. Thank you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cds to Ipods [ 8 Answers ]

I am new to Ipods. I wanted to put some of my cds on the iPod. Could you rip the song on another disk and put it on an iPod?

Are mp3 players better than ipods? [ 17 Answers ]

Hey just wondering whether to buy an iPod? I already have a 2GB mp3 player but I don't really like it. Are ipods worth the money you pay for them? A lot of people have told me that they break really easily which has kind of put me off. I'm going away soon and need some entertainment! Also is it...

Ipods [ 3 Answers ]

I was just wondering... exactly how do Ipods work? Like when you buy one how do you get the songs on and everything? :D

View more questions Search