Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jan123 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Oct 13, 2009, 03:17 PM
    How can I seal asbestos floor tiles
    I have asbestos floor tiles in the basement. I would like to seal them but I am not sure what kind of sealer should be used. Most lealers are for wood flooring and I do not know if it will adhere to the asbestos vinyl tiles.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2009, 05:02 PM

More than I can write:
    tile over asbestos tile - Google Search
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Oct 15, 2009, 06:28 AM

What makes you think that the tile is asbestos?
    jan123 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Oct 25, 2009, 11:17 AM
    It is asbestos tile I wonder if anyone knows what type of sealer would adhere to it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Asbestos floor tile [ 6 Answers ]

tiles are 9x9 green with vains of gray. They are brittle and cracking. Is this typical of asbestos tile?

Seal floor against moisture, asbestos tiles and prep [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 43 year old home in unincorporated King Co. Washington state. The two-car garage was transformed into a family room years before I bought the house. There is a moisture problem with the concrete floor that I think is generating mold. Before I install any permanent flooring, I need to...

Asbestos floor tiles? [ 9 Answers ]

We are replacing some wall to wall carpeting. The other day when the installer came out to measure the room he said that the tiling underneath was asbestos. We are putting new wall to wall carpet down over that floor (which is not brittle and is intact). 2 questions: 1. Where can we have a piece...

Asbestos floor tile [ 1 Answers ]

I have the 8x8 asbestos floor tile in my basement. I want to install new vinyl tile. What is the best way to do this? My thought is to put down a thin layer of durrock over the existing tile and then installing the new vinyl on top of that. How should I secure the durrock to the old vinyl...

View more questions Search