Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    15diva Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2009, 11:22 AM
    Job loss need to lower my car payments
    What can I do to lower my car payments.My payment are to high and I might loss my job so I don't know what to do.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2009, 12:14 PM

Attempt to refinance. If that fails is it possible to sell the car and purchase something less expensive?

Or simply turn the car back in - realizing you will undoubtedly owe something after it is sold.
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2009, 12:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by couponchaser View Post

This is not allowed on AMHD - it's advertising and spam.
    Purdue2010 Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Nov 18, 2009, 12:29 AM

Call your car company and be honest with them. Tell them your situation and in the wake of the whole economic meltdown a lot of creditors are becoming very understanding. Sometimes you can get your payments deferred for a bit or they may work with you in some other arrangement.
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2009, 08:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Purdue2010 View Post
    Call your car company and be honest with them. Tell them your situation and in the wake of the whole economic meltdown a lot of creditors are becoming very understanding. Sometimes you can get your payments deferred for a bit or they may work with you in some other arrangement.

It would appear that a bank or finance company is involved in this - the car company/dealer has long been out of the picture.
    Purdue2010 Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Nov 18, 2009, 10:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    It would appear that a bank or finance company is involved in this - the car company/dealer has long been out of the picture.
    When I say car company I mean it to be synonymous with the bank or the finance company. We usually say car company in these parts for that, and dealer for the dealership. My apologies I should have clarified.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lower left abdomen and lower backpain [ 3 Answers ]

My lower left abdomen really hurts with my lower backpain and its just happen right after my husband and I have sex,but before that I frequently feel numb un my left arm and leg. :confused: someone help me...

Pain at lower abdoen left and right and at lower back [ 2 Answers ]

I am 27 years old and I am feel pain at lower abdomen left and right and at lower back. Although it is not a huge pain but a little bit on and of some times. Please guide me. Thanks,

Loss Deduction: Can a loss from an inherited residence be deducted for taxes? [ 2 Answers ]

Loss deduction: Can a loss from the sale of inherited property be deducted for federal taxes?

How do I legally lower my child support or alimony payments [ 2 Answers ]

I am divorced and got robbed out of a lot of money for the next 9 years. My ex refuses to work more than part time and insists on homeschooling my 2 children. I see my children 12% of the time per year and, apparently according to MN law, I owe $1200/mo in child support for my 2 children and...

How can I negotiate lower Chapter 13 payments? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am on my third and final year in a chapter 13 repayment bankruptcy. I was told when I started this that only those creditors who responded to the notice that chapter 13 was filed had to be repaid. Not all the creditors responded, yet they are making me make payments on the total amount...

View more questions Search