Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LJDK Posts: 281, Reputation: 25

Oct 13, 2009, 07:13 AM
    Gay person kissing opposite sex?
    Hi.

This is a question in general and not directly related to my previous personal issues.

Do you feel it is OK for a gay person to kiss your boyfriend or girlfriend that is the opposite sex of them?

For instance a gay man kissing your girlfriend or a gay women kissing your boyfriend?
    My opinion is that it is not acceptable.

But to put it into context it is hello kisses and goodbye kisses.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Oct 13, 2009, 07:23 AM
    I think you need to ask yourself, would it bother you if a straight person did the same thing?
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2009, 07:31 AM

What do you mean by kiss? Like a peck on the lips or cheek or full out tongue? In some societies it is actually customary to kiss while saying hello or goodbye.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 13, 2009, 07:31 AM

If its just a greeting, or a good bye, what's the big deal? I would think it would be more my partners choice than mine.

What difference does it make if the kisser is gay?

Oct 13, 2009, 07:38 AM

It's a lip kiss... no tongue but no peck on the lips either.
    Its not customary in our culture here unless it is family.
    The difference of gay or straight being that people will argue that they are gay so its OK.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2009, 07:43 AM

I would have to actually see it occur to make a logical answer here. If it is just to say hello or goodbye I am sure I wouldn't find a problem with it... unless it was inappropriate.

I don't care if it is a gay guy that kissed my girlfriend or not. If you don't like other guys kissing your girlfriend I hardly doubt it will make a difference what that person's sexual orientation is.

Oct 13, 2009, 07:46 AM

I concur with the statement If you don't like other guys kissing your girlfriend I hardly doubt it will make a difference what that person's sexual orientation is.

But like I said, if you confront someone about it they might say its OK because their gay.

Well truth is, it's a small kiss, like a saying hello kiss. So I guess its not really that bad, but still it goes against my morals and I find it displeasing.
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2009, 09:24 AM

Lips kissing is unacceptable to me. Kissing of the lips is very sacred and it shouldn't be done with anyone except your lover. I would sit down and have a talk with her.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2009, 11:20 AM

I'm the opposite to everyone else...

If a straight girl kissed my partner I would not be happy.

If a lesbian woman kissed my partner I wouldn't care.

Why?

Because there is no way that a lesbian woman would have any sexual feeling behind the kiss, a straight woman might (even if she denies it or thinks she would not before the kiss)

Edit: just read xoxo's answer, well yes there is no need to be kissing on the lips but I am speaking hypothetically.
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2009, 11:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    I'm the opposite to everyone else...

If a straight girl kissed my partner I would not be happy.

If a lesbian woman kissed my partner I wouldn't care.

Why?

Because there is no way that a lesbian woman would have any sexual feeling behind the kiss, a straight woman might (even if she denies it or thinks she would not before the kiss)

edit: just read xoxo's answer, well yes there is no need to be kissing on the lips but I am speaking hypothetically.
    Hey Shazy have you considered that there are many people who claims to be "lesbian" to have some action and exceptions? Just a thought.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Oct 13, 2009, 12:29 PM
    I'm a huggy touchy kind of guy.

Hugs and pecks, no problem.
    A playful caress, even, no problem.

Lips - BIG problem.
    Not only are lips defined as erogenous zones by most societies, liplocks can exchange bodily fluids. It's an insignificant disease vector, but the possibility exists.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2009, 12:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by none12345 View Post
    Hey Shazy have you considered that there are many people who claims to be "lesbian" to have some action and exceptions? Just a thought.
    True, but again, in this hypothetical world we KNOW that the other person is gay.
    Let's say we put them on a lie detector machine ;)

For me it's more of a jealousy standpoint, I'm to jealous to have a straight person kiss my partner but if they are gay then there's no reason to be jealous.

Has anyone here ever played spin the bottle?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Oct 13, 2009, 12:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post

Has anyone here ever played spin the bottle?
    Not for just a kiss.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Oct 13, 2009, 12:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LJDK View Post
    I concur with the statement If you don't like other guys kissing your girlfriend I hardly doubt it will make a difference what that person's sexual orientation is.

But like i said, if you confront someone about it they might say its ok because their gay.

Well truth is, its a small kiss, like a saying hello kiss. So i guess its not really that bad, but still it goes against my morals and i find it displeasing.
    Who are you trying to convince it is wrong? Most of the time a hypothetical question is raised, it really isn't hypothetical as this post shows.

If it is against your morals and displeasing to you, discuss it with your mate. In a healthy relationship, you should have close to the same moral foundation. If you don't and can't compromise by talking about it, then maybe there is something else going on that needs addressing.

As for kissing (on the lips) someone who is not my mate, that is something that I never consider even as a hello/goodbye gesture. I have never thought about if he would or not because I trust him and his judgment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I'm interested.Yet I act the opposite way? [ 4 Answers ]

So I've noticed that when I'm beginning to "like" someone I begin to ignore them and I say dumb things! What is this about? I'm naturally very sarcastic... and when I catch myself crushing on someone I begin to be even more so. I'm thinking it's because I use sarcasm as a way to convey how...

Living with the opposite sex [ 6 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am going to move out of my parents house soon, and I'm going to have to move in an apartment or a house with roomates.. My sister suggested that I only move in with girls, because living with guys is really hard and horrible.. like the bachelor type guys.. But what if...

Ash is opposite of red right.. [ 1 Answers ]

My natural haircolor is a very light brown, maybe even considered dark blonde, with warm tone (shines orange). At my temples though it is more of an ash blonde and the shine is more platinum. I want that to be my allover hair color. I've read all about blue and green cancelling out the red, and...

View more questions Search