Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    puppetkicks Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2006, 10:52 PM
    Confused
    I'm confused some people say that when you die your soul goes to heven, what my confution is coming from is when Christ comes to earth for judgement and resurrection, if he already has your soul what exactly is he coming back for?:confused:
    imation Posts: 284, Reputation: 36

Nov 3, 2006, 02:25 AM
    The chistian belief is that jesus christ came to well... spread the word. Before he was born christianity wasn't a religion for there was no christ to believe in. jesus died on the cross to forgive us of the sins we had committed, and cleanse us. The whole deal with the traditional heaven is that when you die you are judged worthy or not by st peter at the gates, and if you are, you can proceed to heaven, if not then well who knows, I don't because I don't read the bible. So if I have gotten any facts wrong please correct me
    At any rate, I hope I helped at least a little
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Nov 5, 2006, 01:17 PM
    The question answers itself via logic. If he resurrects the dead in order to judge then judgment could not have taken place at the moment of death.
    puppetkicks Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2006, 08:59 PM
    So are you saying when you die your soul don't go to Heaven it just stays in your dead body until he comes to judge you?

Sorry if I'm coming off as a smart elic I'm really not trying to be so but I don't know what to believe in.
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Nov 6, 2006, 09:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by puppetkicks
    So are you saying when you die your soul don't go to Heaven it just stays in your dead body until he comes to judge you?

Sorry if I'm comming off as a smart elic I'm really not trying to be so but I don't know what to believe in.

Ezekiel 18:4
    Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Genesis 2:17
    But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

No, what I am saying is that when the Bible tells us that God is bringing the DEAD back to life, those he calls dead are really dead.

To resurrect means to bring back to life. If something is already alive and can't be brought back to life because it is already alive. The resurrection requires that those who are resurrected be dead.

It would be good for you to research the origin of the immortal soul doctrine.

The belief in the immortality of the soul came to the Jews from contact with Greek thought and chiefly through the philosophy of Plato, its principal exponent, who was led to it through Orphic and Eleusinian mysteries in which Babylonian and Egyptian views were strangely blended" (Jewish Encyclopedia, Funk and Wagnalls, New York, 1941, Vol. VI, "Immortality of the Soul," pp. 564, 566).

The International Standard Bible Encyclopaedia comments on ancient Israel's view of the soul: ".. . We are influenced always more or less by the Greek, Platonic idea, that the body dies, yet the soul is immortal. Such an idea is utterly contrary to the Israelite consciousness, and it is nowhere found in the [Old Testament]" (Eerdmans, Grand Rapids, 1956, Vol. II, "Death," p. 812).

http://www.wrestedscriptures.com/b01...surdities.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confused [ 1 Answers ]

I have been told that after a bankruptcy has been discharged, that it is possible that a creditor can take your only vehicle. Can you tell or get me some legal information on this subject?:mad:

Confused [ 5 Answers ]

Hi... I am new to this site. I wonder if someone clairvoyant can answer this. I think my boyfriend is cheating on me. I wanted to leave him, but I guess I'm still holding on so that I don't feel lonely. We've been together for only a year. I had a bad break up before I met him (3 years ago), and I...

Very confused [ 5 Answers ]

My girlfriend has recently been ignoring all my attempts in contacting her until I finally heard from her and the reason for her ignoring me was that she had lost a close relative. I found this hard to digest as I felt if she had told me earlier it would have stopped me thinking that she is...

Confused... [ 2 Answers ]

In a T Account, I do not know where to place these two problems. Received cash for progrmming services performed, $500 Received cash for programming services to be performed $600 Thank you

I'm a little confused... [ 4 Answers ]

First off I'm only 12 but that's only a year away from 13 remember. And um this girl I like we were going to go out once and she said I liked you but I want to be single still. Then There was Friday activity night dancing and sports in gym. I didn't dance with for reasons ill keep to myself. And in...

View more questions Search