Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robinlynn65 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2009, 04:03 PM
    Too slow
    I was just wondering if a poor internet connection could cause my computer to be slow. I can access the internet, but everything is way too slow. Slow to open and when I click on something I want to open, it takes forever. And when I scroll down with my mouse, it hesitates several seconds. Just seems like it's too slow to do anything.

Help
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2009, 04:55 PM

Sounds like you've picked up some unwanted spyware somewhere along the line. You need to regularly clean out this spyware in your machine.

I use Advanced System Care. It's free and I use it daily and it cleans out my system and makes the computer run like new again.

Here's a link for the free download

Advanced SystemCare Free | Free Registry Cleaner, Clean Privacy & Speed Up PC

I use the Pro version but the free version is just as good.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2009, 06:43 PM
    Hi, robinlynn65!

How old is your computer and what operating system are you running, please?

Thanks!
    ComputerHelpers Posts: 49, Reputation: 3

Oct 12, 2009, 10:24 PM

Apparent speed on the computer comes from a variety of issues. In the signature file at bottom of this posting, is a link to a FREE resource, which may assist with enhancing the speed of your computer.

Patrick

Actually, that link goes somewhere else. Updated. Send me a note at [email protected] and I'll send you our FREE report, '5 Steps to a Happy Pc".
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2009, 10:45 PM
    Hi, ComputerHelpers!

Please do keep all information on the threads so that others with similar questions might benefit by the information that's exchanged on the threads. Soliciting for off-site contact here is something that's frowned upon. Once a thread has been started, all information needs to stay on the thread.

Thanks!

Oct 13, 2009, 04:12 AM

I'm not soliciting anything. I've tried to bring the information to this forum, but it's too long, nearly 11 pages, and in fact, is based on the 30 plus years of experience I have. If you have another idea on how to bring that much content to this forum, then I'm all ears.
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2009, 03:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerHelpers View Post
    I'm not soliciting anything. I've tried to bring the information to this forum, but it's too long, nearly 11 pages, and in fact, is based on the 30 plus years of experience I have. If you have another idea on how to bring that much content to this forum, then I'm all ears.
    Hi again, ComputerHelpers!

So, attach the document to one or more posts in a document format of some kind.

Also, please don't misuse the rating feature of this site. Everything that I said to you in my post about keeping things on the threads and soliciting for off-site contact, is factually correct and not an opinion.

What you stated in your "rating" of what I said, would have been much better to have been stated in a post rather than as a rating.

Thanks!

Oct 13, 2009, 09:53 PM

Clough,

I hear what you are saying. And the attachment issue is anathema to most. What is untrue, in your posting, is the solicitation comment. That implies an attempt to sell something. Inviting connection or contact for a more thorough connection, is certainly well within the TOS, since it is not to another site
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2009, 10:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerHelpers View Post
    Clough,

I hear what you are saying. And the attachment issue is anathema to most. What is untrue, in your posting, is the solicitation comment. That implies an attempt to sell something. Inviting connection or contact for a more thorough connection, is certainly well within the TOS, since it is not to another site
    Hi again, ComputerHelpers!

A solicitation can have a number of different definitions, depending on the context in which it is used. Many posts on numerous threads have either been deleted or edited, once someone has stated that they are offering to provide something via another person contacting them by using the providers' email address.

All information, once a thread has been started, does need to stay on the thread, somehow. That could be as an attachment or in the body of a post or even as a link to another site where the information is available, as long as the information on the other site is not where the person will be enticed in some way to pay for the information or lured to other things to possibly purchase.

If in doubt about that, please contact an Administrator.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Slow turn braking. Pedal Vibrates and Truck does not slow [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I have a 98 Ford Expedition. My ABS brake sometimes comes on... When going in a slow turn, my pedal sometimes shakes and does not brake. I usually have to pump the pedal to get it to brake. What is this? Thanks for your advice in advance.

Kitchen sink slow drain real slow drain [ 2 Answers ]

How do I unstop my kitchen sink with out calling a plummer to come out to charge me a arm and a leg to fix it.

Slow slow drain [ 2 Answers ]

Thanks for the input Flying Blue Eagle. Our septic has been pumped within the last three or four years. Last fall we had a plumber out for the same problems and seems like once before that . They always snake the drain from the septic into the house. We've tried the chemicals which helped...

Slow, slow connection [ 11 Answers ]

Hey guys, The last couple of days my computer has been slower than a turtle. The problem occurs when I connect to the internet and try to view web pages. It takes minutes on end to view a page or for a page to download. When I get fed up and close the page it always says unresponsive webpage...

Forced Air Furnace flame good, fan goes slow then fast then slow, etc [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a forced air propane furnace in a "Park Model" rv trailer. (This is a bit smaller than a mobile home) The furnace is used infrequently as the trailer is located in a sumer resort vacation area, however we do like to go up a couple of times in the winter months. Furnace was...

View more questions Search