Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shazia Mizan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2009, 10:26 AM
    Dissertation Topic
    Can you please suggest me topics for dissertation in the field of Marketing and business? I'm really lost and confused as to what kind of topic I should choose. Does it have to something entirely new- like solving a problem in a company? OR Is it right to compare the marketing strategies or some existing competing businesses? OR Will it be appropriate to write about the success factors of an existing business?

One more problem that I'm facing is that I'm residing in Saudi Arabia, and as such being a female student I'm not able to research any company personally here, as it is a strict country. I would like a topic on which enough resources and material may be easily available on the web. Could you please consider my situation and suggest some topics which I can work on for my dissertation.

Thank You,

Shazia Mizan
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 6, 2009, 12:52 PM

First of all, the purpose of a dissertation is to do your own work and research, not hire someone to do it for you. This is your capstone project to pull together all the things you have learned in your doctorate or master's program.

Most major businesses now have a Web presence. What about doing some kind of comparison of the sites as to content, graphics, attractiveness, ease of movement in, searchabilityu -- in other words, all those things that are important to Web users and shoppers. Corporate sites, catalog sites, toys sites, travel sites, clothing sites are all possible subjects.

A literature review is part of your paper, and that can be done on Internet. If you are enrolled in a college, certainly it has a bricks-and-mortar library in which you can do research.

Ask specific questions, and we will do our best to help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dissertation topic [ 1 Answers ]

Suggest me relevant desertation topics in HR.

Dissertation topic [ 2 Answers ]

Please help me with selecting good research topic iin HR field

Dissertation topic [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm Jyothi pursuing my PGDBM course. As part of our course we need to do dissertation. Pl suggest a few topics (in HR) where I can do a good work . Thanks a lot:)

Dissertation Topic! [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, I'm a student at Napier University (Edinburgh) and am about to go not my 4th and final honours year!! The problem being that I have not been able to select a dissertation project!! I'm a good researcher and a alrite writer of reports, not the best at programming but could get the job done...

Dissertation topic for HR [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone out there with specific HR dissertation topics:confused:

View more questions Search