Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joe_69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2009, 09:09 AM
    Canadian with Green card move to USA
    Me and my family have green card since 1 1/2 years/. According to law we should move in two years after getting Green card. In between we moved to New york, and had a Job for a while. We also file the tax return for that year. Because of recession, we couldn't able to sell our house in Canada and we came back to Canada. Now we are planning to move in 2010 summer(which will be over the 2 year time, after getting Green Card). For the safe side do we need to apply a reentry permit? And if need to apply a reentry permit, is there any proof of document do I need to show? And is there any problem moving all our stuff including car from Canada to USA in next year?

Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Oct 12, 2009, 10:46 AM

You should file for a re-entry permit. You must be physically in the US at the time you file and for the biometrics appointment. Should be approved. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Canadian divorce if the other party is not a canadian citizen or iimigrant [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am a landed immigran here in Canada. Last year I went back to the Philippines to get married. For some reason, my wife, after we got married decided that she doesn't want to go with me to canada And decided that we should instead end our legal relationship. My question, can I file a...

ITIN for dependent canadian born son and wife (canadian citizen) [ 3 Answers ]

I have filed W7 for my wife and son with my Federal tax return by going to a TAC in atlanta area. They indicated that since it is a peak season, will take 6-8 weeks to get the ITIN. How do I file my states return? Reading from the replies of tax experts here, I understood that for most states I...

Canadian wanting to move to United States. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I am aware most of you on this website are American. I am Canadian. I have been very interested in moving to the U.S, but I'm not very educated about the differences. Ive never been there, but California and Florida look very nice. Where are some nice places in the U.S to live? Where...

Retired Canadian wanting to move to USA [ 1 Answers ]

Can I as a retired Canadian move and live in the USA indefinitely? Can I purchase health insurance there if I am living there?

View more questions Search