Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pixiegurl Posts: 54, Reputation: 4

Oct 12, 2009, 04:33 AM
    Calorie intake
    I am 20 years old, female and currenty weigh 76kgs. I want to lose 13kgs. I do very little exercise because I work fulltime and spend 8 hours a day standing on my feet. I am just wondering how many calories I should be eating each day to lose around 0.5kgs a week?
    I am also an emotional eater. At the moment I am recordig everything I eat so that I can pinpoint the times when I need to make better food choices. Any ideas or thoughts about either of these things would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)
    hollylovesbrandon Posts: 633, Reputation: 78

Oct 12, 2009, 06:35 AM

Well, I generally eat around 1200-1500 calories a day and that has helped me to lose 28 lbs so far. I am also not exercising because I stand on my feet 9 hours a day so I understand too. But you have to realize that at some point your body is going to need to exercise to continue losing weight. That's where I am right now. I am holding steady until I start exercising.

Recording what you eat is a great idea. That way when you go back and look you won't only see the bad choices you made but you will also see how often you've been eating. Then you can decide when and where to substitute healthy snacks.

You might want to consider making some lifestyle changes too. That's what I did. I stopped buying things like white bread and switched to %100 whole wheat. I also no longer drink soda. I only drink water and milk. And instead of keeping snack cakes and chips in the house I only have lettuce and apples so that I really don't have a choice in what I snack on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Calorie intake [ 6 Answers ]

What is the safest but the least amount of calories you should have daily. I have been cutting down my calorie intake to about 500 to 700 calorie for the last couple days. Im not sure if I should be eatting more but 1000 calories seems like a lot -- and I'm trying to lose weight. Anyhelp would be...

Calorie intake [ 6 Answers ]

Is it safe for me totake 500 calories per day to loss weight quick

Calorie Burning Sit ups [ 9 Answers ]

How many calories do sit-ups burn?

What should my calorie intake be-in order to lose weight for my height? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 5'2" and I recal a certain formula for calculating calorie intake FOR weight loss. I know it starts with : what is your goal weight (x) energy output = calories needed (to achieve goal. Does anyone know this formula? I really would love to know because I don't know how much I should...

Calorie Chart [ 1 Answers ]

Sir, I am confused with my daily calorie intake. I am 5'4" tall weighing about 74 Kg. Please suggest me with a calorie chart and exercises. Thank you,

View more questions Search