Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Saby2284 Posts: 39, Reputation: 6

Oct 11, 2009, 08:08 PM
    Tylenol PM
    Can Tylenol pm be addicting ? Because my body needs it every night. I can't sleep without it.:confused: And also What can I do to go to sleep without taking any pills. I really don't want to be depending on pills. Please Help Thanks.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2009, 08:12 PM

You need to understand what you do that is keeping you from sleep?
    Stress?
    Drugs or alcohol?
    Mind thoughts?
    Guilt?
    Anything can be addicting if you allow it.
    Saby2284 Posts: 39, Reputation: 6

Oct 11, 2009, 08:14 PM

Stress and my mind is always awake! I even went to a doctor and he just said its stress. But I need the sleep and nothing is working.
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2009, 08:26 PM

Then your doctor should be helping you .
    Did he suggest anything?
    He should have if he was any kind of a doctor.
    What did he say?
    Don't be stressed?
    How much did that cost you?
    That's BS.
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2009, 08:29 PM
    I would stop taking the tylenol.
    I take no drugs because than I know whatever is happening is real.
    Get my drift?
    Try to go the natural way and see what happens.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2009, 08:30 PM

VitaminLife.com: Melatonin 1mg Sublingual-Peppermint

I take 3 of these little pills and put under my tongue at bedtime. I stumbled onto melatonin about 2 years ago and use it every night to get to sleep otherwise I'm up most of the night as I am an insomniac.

Melatonin is a substance that your body makes naturally. As you age your body makes less each year.

I don't buy it at a health food store as their prices are out of this world. I order from that net site and have been happy with their shipping and prices and product.

If you are in your 20's I'd start with 2mg or 2 pills and if you don't get sleepy within 45 minutes or so, try another pill under your tongue. I'm in my early 60's and take 3 of these pills a night under my tongue. There also is a book written about melatonin. If you are interested in this book, send me a PM and I'll get you the name and author.
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2009, 08:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    VitaminLife.com: Melatonin 1mg Sublingual-Peppermint

I take 3 of these little pills and put under my tongue at bedtime. I stumbled onto melatonin about 2 years ago and use it every night to get to sleep otherwise I'm up most of the night as I am an insomniac.

Melatonin is a substance that your body makes naturally. As you age your body makes less each year.

I don't buy it at a health food store as their prices are out of this world. I order from that net site and have been happy with their shipping and prices and product.

If you are in your 20's I'd start with 2mg or 2 pills and if you don't get sleepy within 45 minutes or so, try another pill under your tongue. I'm in my early 60's and take 3 of these pills a night under my tongue. There also is a book written about melatonin. If you are interested in this book, send me a PM and I'll get you the name and author.
    I have thyroid disease and what you recommended is contra indicated for me as it may be for her.I suffer from the same symptoms so I am reluctant to have anyone use these drugs without a doctors say so.
    Herbs are drugs and we need to be safe with them.
    I know and believe in the potential of herbal medicine but we must use caution.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2009, 04:42 PM

Artlady - I read several contradictions for melatonin online and it does mention autoimmune disease and only after reading about 4 different sites I did find a small mention about thyroid problems. Melatonin is a hormone produced by the pineal gland in every human alive. Also pregnant women should not take it.

The book I was referring to was written by the Doctors who "discovered" melatonin and it's uses by the body. I rearead that book in part where it talks about any contraindications and it does not mention thyroid anywhere! And this is by the doctors who discovered Melatonin and did many, many clinicial trials on this hormone. It does boost the immune system by the way and has natural antioxident properties for the body as well. And it has properties that enhance the mind keeping the body young and avoids dementia and can actually reverse some forms of mild dementia in elderly people.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tylenol Overdose [ 209 Answers ]

This isn't really an addiction, but I'm not sure where else to put it. So last night I took nine tylenol extra strengths (500mg each). I know I shouldn't, and I don't do it often. Just every once in a while something upsets me when I am already overwhelemed/tired, and I just want to do something...

Tylenol for dogs [ 15 Answers ]

Dog has stiffness in joints (old art moving in). He runs and is very active but when it's time to come in he pays with obviously sore joints. I think the vet said it was OK to give him tylenol but now I'm not sure. Asprin upsets his stomach. Any help? Thanks Kay

Tylenol PM. [ 4 Answers ]

i was just wondering. I took 2 Tylenol PM pills last night. And i told my friend i did, and she got worried & said it's dangerous too take that many :eek: But my question is; how many Tylenol PM can you take without overdose. I'm just wondering. Nothing Serious. Thanks :)

Had too much tylenol [ 1 Answers ]

So I was very depressed last night and called my friend but she wasn't available and then for some stupid reason I decided to take half a bottle of tylenol I'm not sure how many I took because I just emptied the bottle it could've been 20 or so but nothing has happened to me so far except I get...

My dog ate Tylenol [ 4 Answers ]

Okay so my 2.5 year old cocker Spaniel got into a bottle of Tylenol... I don't know how much she ate if anything at all, most of them seemed to be licked because of the raspberry (easy to swallow) coating on it. I was searching for other answers online and found this for someone who's 9 month...

View more questions Search