Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rvb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2009, 06:26 PM
    EAD(work authorisation)
    Hello,
    I am presently on h4 status and presently living in New York.My employer head quarters is based in Dallas Texas.
    I applied for future employment green card
    And I got my EAD(WORK AUTHORISATION),but I
    Did not start working,for the last 18 months for personal reasons.
    Now I received an interview letter for my Green Card(AOS) this month.
    My question is, Should the immigration
    Officer asks me a question "why i did not start working
    till now" what do I say?
    Thanks
    Rv
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Oct 12, 2009, 10:42 AM

Employment during the time you are an "applicant" for permanent residence is not mandatory, but typical. If asked, let the officer know the personal reason for your non-employment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Registration in the state work force office. Application to work in Ireland [ 33 Answers ]

IS THIS A SCAM? Thank you for your email. Our team put a lot of efforts into finding this special job vacancy for You. We hope it will correspond in the best way to your qualification, Experience And abilities. The job gives you the perfect chance to grow and develop Professionally and to...

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? [ 2 Answers ]

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? They are also known an point of sale and kiosks like the ones in mcdonalds or leisure centres

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? [ 2 Answers ]

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? They are also known an point of sale and kiosks like the ones in mcdonalds or leisure centres

View more questions Search