Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Melhoneybee Posts: 46, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2009, 11:46 AM
    My friend abuses alcohol, and it's scaring me.
    OK, so maybe I have dug a pit too deep for myself. I always do. I really need help here.

My friend who is older than me, has started abusing alcohol. Well, he hasn't really started it's been going on for quite some time. Only now it's getting worse. I think he's using it as a weapon against himself. He's not a happy person, and is going through a tough patch in his life, only now, alcohol has become his resort to everything. And I wish he would stop.
    When he has a bad day he gets drunk
    When things don't go right, he gets drunk
    When he's bored he gets drunk
    He doesn't go to bed unless he isn't sober.
    He gets drunk most nights

I'm scared he's going to get ill
    I'm scared he's going to fail his exams
    I'm scared he's going to come into school one day not sober enough.
    I'm scared he's going to loose track of his life...

He knows it's a problem, but he lacks the inclanation to overcome it. I need him to know how much his drinking upsets me and worries me. I'm scared of the effect it will have on his work, him, his life, his health. He knows he shouldn't do it. I'm one of the only people he's confessed this problem too.

I have tried to tell him to curb it and to stop but I just can't get what's in my mind out into the open. I want to tell him how much it makes me cry when he tells me he's "disapointly sober". There are other ways to be happy, but he never is, and he can never find them.

He will listen to me, he listens to me about most other things, and I listen and respect him.
    What should I say to him to help him and how can I say it? I've already told him I'll stick by his side no matter what.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2009, 08:21 PM
    Hi, Melhoneybee!

How about writing him a letter stating your concerns? You could also tell a counselor at school your concerns?

If he needs help, he needs help. Most people who have this problem need someone to help them with stopping it.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Dad Abuses Me At Points. [ 47 Answers ]

Well hello everyone, my name is Kayla. My dad scares me sometimes. Sometimes it feels like we are the perfect father/daughter relationship, and at some points I'm just afriad to speak to him for the following week. My mouth sometimes get's me in trouble with my dad. My dad he gets angry very...

My friends brother abuses her? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a friend and her brother hits her. She is around her 30's and her brother is older. Where can I find the law on that or any information. I live in the state of Pennsylvania

Alcohol and eyesight? [ 2 Answers ]

I am seeing flashs like lightning in both my eyes and I have been a heavy drinker for several years I have been sober for 7 days now and noticed this happening the past 3 days can anyone help me here?

Urine Drug/Alchohol Tests [ 7 Answers ]

Will using an hearbal detox show as detectible in a urine test?

Alcohol Testing [ 2 Answers ]

My son is on probation and he is tested on Monday, Wednesday, & Fridays. If he were to drink on Friday or Saturday would this be detected with his urine test

View more questions Search