Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shanaz_2009 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2009, 08:45 AM
    How can criminology/sociology assist in understanding society
    Question: In what ways can sociology/criminology assist in understanding society?

Thank you:)
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2009, 08:47 AM
    Hello s:

We don't DO homework... But, it sounds like an interesting project... We WILL work with you, however, if you DO the work and present it to us for our criticism.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 11, 2009, 03:25 PM

I normally don't address obvious homework, but it seems like a good discussion question.

The first real issue is what do you define criminology and what do you define sociology as.
    They are not always the same to all people.

But for many by studying the extremes or the diviant behavior in society and how the rest of society reacts to that , shows a section of the status of their behavior
    phlanx Posts: 213, Reputation: 13

Oct 11, 2009, 03:40 PM

Hello all,

Isn't the study of criminology a reflection of sociology?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Religion and folklore in criminology [ 1 Answers ]

I need some examples of religion and/or folklore linked to early criminology (detecting the suspect, criminal aprehension and judgement (cotton mother's works, the inquisition etc.

Understanding sociology [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone please tell me what is sociology and what are the concepts Thanks

Understanding Sociology (in general) [ 1 Answers ]

How do I start to think in terms of sociology? Can someone explain how I should look at various sociological terms (such as legitimization) and answer questions containing those terms? It seems almost too common sense that I can't quite understand what the questions want. Thanks :)

For my sociology [ 3 Answers ]

Peopl I need back up answers please. You see I have a debate this coming Wednesday and I need real help from you people! It's about Death penalty, we were the anti group and our enemy is the pro group... Okay so the question is " do we realy need death penalty? if yes please explain it if no...

View more questions Search