Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2ndTime Posts: 191, Reputation: 12

Nov 14, 2009, 06:01 PM

I don't know where you are, but I think you should give her a break. You may not have been a trophy boyfriend, but more about your relationship is needed to know more about you. In addition, because of your age people can consider you as a pedofile. If you don't know what this means try to look it up. I am not being mean it's the law.
    CGM91 Posts: 70, Reputation: 2

Nov 21, 2009, 06:35 PM
    Safety Net?
    My now ex-girlfriend (who is 16) just broke up with me because she said that "she needs to date other guys because she can't commit to a long term relationship and that she needs to get hurt in relationships and gain experience before she is any good of a girlfriend to me"

I was her first boyfriend (I am 18) and I have been around per say..

What do you guys think? Should I forget about her? She is quite the women and we are both very compatible and our families are awesome. But she is very inexperienced and it would be unfair for me to make her only have one guy for the rest of her life?

Opinions?
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2009, 06:54 PM
    Yes, she needs to gain life experience, and, may I add so do you. Your own inexperience is patently clear if you actually believe that at 16 and 18 you would be together 'for life'. The likelihood of this is so slim, as to be almost non-existent.

Listen to what she's saying. She's a teenager and she wants to do teenage things like date and have a good time. You should be wanting to do these things as well.

In fact she's more mature than you think - the fact that she recognizes her need to get more life experience is indicative of that!

Have a great time exploring the world.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 21, 2009, 07:02 PM

Well honestly it is not your choice, but there is nothing wrong at all in finding and dating only the one person you end up with.

But just like when you were 16 and may have changed girl friends like you did socks, at 16 this is what normally happens and to be expected
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Nov 21, 2009, 07:51 PM
    Once again, let's get the whole story in one place: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/teens/...ed-404786.html

You need to let her go to live her own life. It sounds like she is letting you down as easily as she knows how to. At least, she is stopping the game playing.

I think you have seen this coming because you have written about being concerned over her hanging out with other guys and her choice of clothing and actions along with the way other guys have been treating her.

Compatibility and families aren't the only requirements for a good relationship. So is trust and maturity.

I am not sure you trust her and she definitely does not have any maturity yet.

I would suggest reading the stickies at the top of the Relationship Forum about breaking up. They may hold some valuable information for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hey, I'm just confused about a situation I'm in. And I'm interested in your opinion. [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, well my boyfriend invited me out with him and his mates. We went 4wdriving. Although it was fun, there was just one thing that frusterated me. Lol- he said he wanted me to come out with him. But the whole time, he hardly even acknowledged my presence. We didn't speak much the whole time. Then...

Can get an opinion about this situation? I mean what do you think I should do? [ 25 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been dating for about a year and 9 month. Things have been great most of the time. I mean we always seemed to understand each other and whenever whenever we fought, it was in a fair way. When we started dating we were in the same city as we went to the same university. I...

Need your opinion on this situation. [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently on an F-1 visa planning to attend university this fall. I am engaged to a girl that came to the country 2 years ago as a refugee. We met here in the US after she was granted the refugee status. She applied for her green card after we were engaged and has already had the finger...

Need opinion about my situation [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: I dated a guy for a lil while (about 4-5 months). It was a kind of long distance relationship but I found out he was actually cheating on me towards the end. Right then I felt like someone had struck me straight in my gut and I already had the flu. Well we are talking again after having...

View more questions Search