gazhaworth Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2009, 04:58 AM
    Check signal cable on my screen
    On my monitor it says check signal cable
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2009, 07:59 AM

Usually 1 of 2 things, either a bad monitor or video card

If you have access to another (Known Working) monitor, hook it up to see if it works - if so, it was the monitor

If a known working monitor has some issue, would need to get hold of a video card and replace one you have to see if that was the issue

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Check signal cable [ 1 Answers ]

I have the same problem.I've changed the graphic card and also the ram but the monitor still say me to check signal cable... I know that the monitor is good because I've tried it by connecting the monitor to his cpu.I really don't know what to do. *to the cpu of my brother

Check Signal Cable [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old Dell desktop with Samsung monitor. I had done a msconfig to stop some programs from auto start at update: Adobe, Quick Time, etc. When I told the computer to restart, it did so , but when it restarted I am getting a red box that says No Connection, and Check Signal Cable. I wonder...

Check signal cable [ 4 Answers ]

I hope u all can help with this issue. Here's what I'm putting together asus rampage II extreme x58, Intel I7 940, corsair dominator 1600 ddr3, bfg gtx 295. So I put it all together n got this on my screen. Checked the wires n cables all is good, power supply is on and running, mobo lights up all...

Check signal cable [ 1 Answers ]

After fitting a new cd burner on start-up I get the message --CHECK SIGNAL CABLE -- what does this mean and what is the signal cable

Please Check Signal Cable [ 4 Answers ]

Hi guys, I'm new here... I got a problem with my old PC. Suddenly that word appear on my monitor... I can see the power led, also cd led... but not harddisk... I already replace video card and relocate RAM.. also use another monitor.. still got the same problem... Don't u think my...

View more questions Search