Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Palex9 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2006, 12:51 PM
    How do I set up a wireless home network?
    We have splashed out and bought a 2nd computer for our grandson who comes to stay with us most weekends, and we would like to organise it so that both his PC and our PC are wirelessly linked together and can both access the internet (ours can at present, but it uses a cable supplied by NTL).

Everyone at work is telling me it's really easy to install a home network and link 2 systems together wirelessly these days, but I'm a bit intimidated by it all.

I'm terrified I'll make a whole mess of it all and appear a complete idiot.

My partner will help me, but is there some site someone can send us to which shows how to do it IN PICTURES step by step?

Or could some kind person break the process down to a step by step process for us?

We have access to a wireless modem netgear router if needed.

Help please!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 2, 2006, 12:54 PM
    Have a look at This thread.
    It goes over everything you need and even mentions cable connections (NTL) as well.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 2, 2006, 12:54 PM
    Have a look at This thread.
    It goes over everything you need and even mentions cable connections (NTL) as well.
    Palex9 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2006, 01:18 PM
    Thanks, curlyben , you've certainly given us plenty to be going on with!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wireless Network installation [ 8 Answers ]

I have just purchased a router and 2 laptop cards. Does anyone know of an 'idiots' guide to installing the equipment. I really do mean an 'idiots' guide including every single step. I can get nowhere with the instruction manuals that come with the hardware

How do I set up a home network (newbie) [ 7 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, Please could someone help me set up a home network with two computers. The main computer is connected to bt Yahoo broadband 1mb through the alcatel speedtouch 530 games modem and is connected to my PC using a usb connection. My daughters PC is upstairs, both pcs have ethernet...

Wireless network expansion [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Netgear MIMO 108mbs router and 2 54mbs cards on laptops. I live in a log house and my office is upstairs. No problem with access downstairs and about 60 ft from router. My bedroom and laptop are another 30-40ft from the accessible points. I can get online with slow speed, but keep...

Wireless network security [ 4 Answers ]

I have just gotten a router and set up a wireless net environment in my home. As I live in an apartment, I think it can be easily picked up by anyone. Therefore, I was wondering if there was any way or program I could use to make it secure. Also, I rather not use the WEP provided because it...

Home Wireless network + Cable Internet [ 4 Answers ]

So cable internet finally got cheap enough here in Croatia, and I consider switching to it. I'm currently using a LAN of 3 computers, connected through a switch. I'm also considering switching to wireless network because I'll have to move the main computer to another room, which would cause me to...

View more questions Search